Post your WinPE desktop shots

likuidkewl

OK I think you have said enough. I still think this work is impressive, however its a pity the concept cannot be shared with out compromising your position. What does your employer say about posting this work?Anyway its basically a fancy menu for pe at any rate.

Here's Mine

It took months of work... maybe its going at least a half a year of "development"... I'm not really sure...

Its BartPE based using a slimmed down XP SP2 RC2 as the source (thanks to nLite 0.96.2) :)

And yes, these pictures are real, and I have full sound and video working...

Sorry about not releasing all of my plug-ins... I just haven't gotten around to it... and of course I haven't had time to write any real documentation... so it wouldn't be fare to release the more difficult ones yet... the screen captures themselves took a good chunk of time. I hope to have a real website soon, with small tips, plug-ins, etc... something that will do it justice, and help others out at the same time.

I have to go to bed now... but I'l check back tommorrow morning at work... just to see how far your jaws dropped... just kidding :rolleyes:

@superbikkel

Very nice work Troglodyte.
Thank you very much...
I'm looking forward to the releases of your plugins. Maybe we can also use them in real WinPE

I also want to say that you have done a wonderful job utilizing MS's WinPE... I think I can safely say that it would have taken me much longer to get my disc to this point if it wasn't for Bart and his pe builder.

I will release my plug-ins soon enough... some of them are already available if you look hard enough. But only like 3-5 or so, and they are probably outdated by now. Let me clarify though, I didn't create ALL of the plug-ins that I have available on my distrubution, just many of them were created from scratch or heavily modified by myself. Many were gotten off the official forum, were I also post a lot.

Sperbikkel, may I ask though, is there are particular reason that you are using the official MS's WinPE Builder? I don't think I would have the time or need to convert the plug-ins to MS PE format. I would probably leave that up to you. Of course, I would be glad to assist you any other way I could.

Thanks for the compliments,

Trog

@likuidkewl
Would mind posting where you got your ntoskrnl in the screen shot? I really like that one. I am tired of looking at the Longhorn boot screen.

Boot Screen here...

So you are one of the few people using Longhorn as the source with PE Builder? If so, how is it working?

I am using WinPE not Bart's, Works like a charm I am using 4029 now. I have posted instructions elsewhere as to how to obtain PE from Longhorn 4051->4074. Will write more when I switch to using 4053 as a source. thanks for the boot screen.

Sperbikkel, may I ask though, is there are particular reason that you are using the official MS's WinPE Builder? I don't think I would have the time or need to convert the plug-ins to MS PE format. I would probably leave that up to you. Of course, I would be glad to assist you any other way I could.

Thanks for the compliments,

Trog

I started with WinPE before I ever heard of BartPE.

When I found out about BartPE, I wouldn’t give up my version anymore :)

It does most of what I want it to do, and so far I could always get everything (well, it's not that much) to work.

APE is really used in an industrial environment. We use it to preinstall systems, to refresh test-systems (with Ghost32), to do basic tests and Anti-Virus runs on systems from customers.

I want to make sure my PE is legal, and working perfectly so therefore I stick with the official WinPE.