Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004

my2001

Hi!

I've searched and tried several ways but don't manage to perform an unattended installation of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004.

I unpacked the archive and besides other files it contains a little setup.exe, a tiny setup.ini and a 214 kB big setup.inx.

But obviously none of the usual parameters like /s, /sms, /silent, /r or whatever seems to work. And I found no way/program to edit the contents of the setup.inx

Does somebody know how to install this software silently by changing its setup options?

thx

Dreamweaver throws an IE Readme at you after unattended installation though. You could use PSkill for it but that kills all instances of the process thus killing my XPMENU with it. :) If anyone has a feasible solution to this, please let me know...

I was up for a challenge, and I was hoping for more....

taskkill /F /im IEXPLORE.EXE /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq Welcome*"

That will kill ANY IE windows that start with the world Welcome, but leave the others untouched. Like the one Dreamweaver open.....

The taskkill works just fine but the problem with Dreamweaver Readme isn't solved. The Readme.htm file is only opened after the installation batch file quits (and thus after the taskkill takes place). I've added a command to delete the readme.htm file after install and before it launches but this leaves an alert that the file can't be found requiring user input (klick ok). :)

• 4 weeks later...

:) I just came up with a very nice way to circumvent Dreamweaver's readme (without using sleep):

dreamweaver.vbs

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Popup "Oi! Keep your flippers away from Pistol and Shooter!",5," - Warning - ",48
WshShell.Run ("%systemdrive%\install\dreamweaver\setup.exe /s /sms")
While WshShell.AppActivate("Welcome to Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004") = FALSE
WScript.sleep 2000
Wend
WshShell.AppActivate "Welcome to Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"
WScript.Quit

This way it doesn't matter which (default) browser the readme is opened in. Tested on IE6 and Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...
:) I just came up with a very nice way to circumvent Dreamweaver's readme (without using sleep):

dreamweaver.vbs

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Popup "Oi! Keep your flippers away from Pistol and Shooter!",5," - Warning - ",48
WshShell.Run ("%systemdrive%\install\dreamweaver\setup.exe /s /sms")
While WshShell.AppActivate("Welcome to Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004") = FALSE
WScript.sleep 2000
Wend
WshShell.AppActivate "Welcome to Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"
WScript.Quit

This way it doesn't matter which (default) browser the readme is opened in. Tested on IE6 and Firefox.

Hrmmm. I am a little confused on where to put this & also where to put this VBS file, in my

\$OEM$\$1\Install\dreamweaver

directory?

Also, this:

taskkill /F /im IEXPLORE.EXE /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq Welcome*"

Do I put that in my runonceex.cmd file?

• 2 weeks later...