Cmdlines won't run anything

I have a series of problems -- i thought i can fix with cmdlines.txt. I put it in $OEM$ folder but it won't run anything; here it is :

[Commands]
".\installs.cmd"

installs.cmd calls this :

start /wait E:\PostInst\postregs.cmd
start /wait E:\PostInst\postdrvs.cmd

i dunnow what am i missing. I'm runnig a silent videodriver install but i think it also needs an reboot before it activates so i can install the control panel for video too and it seems i can't do it with [GuiRunOnce]

If i would use RunOnceEx how would i do it ? Replace [GuiRunOnce] with [RunOnceEx] in answer file? Do i call batch files the same way? : command1=batch, command2=batch? etc.

:) This is so messy the last time i tested it, it didn't install even the chipset -- i need some serious tutoring since this is more complicated than i thought or it should be -- either i get this right or i leave it i wasted enough time already on microsoft sake :rolleyes:

your cmdlines.txt has to be in $OEM$, so does installs.cmd

you dont need the .\ before installs.cmd either

when installs.cmd calls the other batch files, are you sure they are on the E: drive? maybe use a variable like %systemdrive% just to be sure

RunOnceEx is way more difficult to set up than that :)

what video driver? what chipset driver?

I read that the .\ should be there signifying current path its optional though i think and i'm sure of everything else -- they are in place but the magic won't happen :) i use catalyst for video and the chipset stuff worked before i added the cmdlines -- its in $OEM$\$$\somedir\00_chipset and set in the answer file -- its getting tedious doing everything by the book and still anything won't work right. It just comes up with different bugs everytime i test it its unbelievable. :rolleyes:

there is also a switch you have to use in winnt.sif...I forget exactly what its called, but you can post you winnt.sif and someone Im sure will tell you...you could always bust up into this and check your winnt.sif against his.

Found it, its OemPreinstall=yes

Of Course i have OEMPreinstall=Yes -- I know all that stuff i'm not marooned but still cmdlines won't work well or the unattend -- i dunnow what the random factor is in this cuz every time i test it it chooses soem other bugs.

1. Administrator account is made instead of mine wich i provided names for -- i guess i can set it in a batch using the net app but how do i set it to be my default user to log or when do i set it cuz administrator user will be the first under windows register and mess up my settings -- maybe under cmdlines.txt but since that wont work...

2.The IE icons just dissapear from quick launch and desktop(wich i don't care but for QL) and the start menu icon gets replaced with internet opions instead cuz something messes with teh settings on start menu !!! I DON'T USE ANY TWEAK FOR IT THOUGH!!! -- not to mention the only icon that remains in QL is the "Show desktop".

3.My video driver is installed like setup -s (ATI) but when i try to install control panel it tells that drivers don't exist/not installed properly allthough it works if i do it manually like the batch would do it.

4.Network isn't always installed properly although i have the same drivers in place always -- also it won't install just TCP/IP as i specified but the default protocols

5.Chipset, sound and LAN wich are the drivers are installed on a random basis sometimes they work sometimes they don't allthough i can tooo install them manually as the unattend should do it.

Below i will add my files in case some1 cares to look at them allthough i don't know what problem it sould be...

files.rar

I foun this info in the reference files :

To run Cmdlines.txt during Mini-Setup

In the distribution folder, create:

%systemdrive%\Sysprep\i386\$OEM$

Add Cmdlines.txt to the %systemdrive%\Sysprep\i386\$OEM$ folder.

In Sysprep.inf, add:

[unattended]InstallFilesPath = C:\Sysprep\i386

Run Sysprep.

Although i can't understand clearly whats the sysprep folder and how to use this.

1.Sysprep folder is for distribution only? Whats the difference?

2.Sysprep folder is really the temp folder windows makes for install or the windows folder or none of the above???

And most importantly this note :

Commands that make changes to an end user's preferences are not replicated to end users if they are run from Cmdlines.txt within Mini-Setup.

So i don't really knwo what part of the registry will modify ... obviously not the all users section then wich? -- the admin account that is available first thing?

Do i have to make changes to sysprep.inf too like in unattend.txt or winnt.sif?