Help for many questions!

Hei people, i have some questions:

1º -> My silent installation of powerDVD is crazy. The directory of the program is C:\Program Files\as\CyberLink\PowerDVD until C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD, and the plugins in are in the correct folder: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\

I don't understand why the program goes to folder "as".

Note: I already create a .ISS file.

My RunOnceEX the command line is:

REG ADD %KEY%\031 /VE /D "PowerDVD 5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\031 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\powerdvd\Setup.exe /s" /f

2º -> I have the AnyDVD program and the respective key, but is a problem with registration.

I install the program, next i register the program running only the keyfile. The program is registred. But open a window tell me " Registration Sucefull!".

I try the taskkill to close the windows but don't work.

REG ADD %KEY%\013 /VE /D "AnyDVD 3.6.2.4" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AnyDVD\AnyDVDS.exe Setup.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AnyDVD\Key.AnyDVD" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\013 /V 3 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM RegAnyDVD.exe" /f

And i got the same problem (taskkill doesn't work) with the foobar. In the end of installation of foobar, open the file associations.

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Foobar 2000 v0.8.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Foobar2k\foobar2000.exe /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM fooassoc.exe" /f

Please help.

Thanks in advance :)

Im going to assume that your runonceex is correct for anydvd, cuz what you have posted here is not......Beyond that - taskkill is a good prog, but not always a good thing to use to kill tasks...try pskill...if that doesnt work, then its because it takes some time for it to load the exe...in which case youll have to switch to something that allows you to set a TTK (time to kill) number...process.exe does a great job of this...

For your powerdvd, it is because of you .ISS file is all I can see...open in notepad and inspect and make sure that you dont have something that says "as" in there or post it here and ill take a look...

I think thats all the ?'s

The command line for AnyDVD is correct because i'm using a autoit script. :)

For the alternative of takskill i try it.

My ISS of PowerDVD

[installShield Silent]Version=v6.00.000

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll

[Application]

Name=PowerDVD

Version=5.0

Company=CyberLink

Lang=0009

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdWelcome-0

Count=9

Dlg1={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdLicense-0

Dlg2={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdDisplayTopics-0

Dlg3={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdRegisterUserEx-0

Dlg4={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdAskDestPath-0

Dlg5={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdSelectFolder-0

Dlg6={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SELECTSKINDIALOG-0

Dlg7={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SHOW_CLPV_CLEV_DIALOG-1

Dlg8={6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdFinish-0

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdLicense-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdDisplayTopics-0]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdRegisterUserEx-0]

szName=Don't

szCompany=Post

szSerial=Serials!

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdAskDestPath-0]

szDir=C:\Programas\CyberLink\PowerDVD

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdSelectFolder-0]

szFolder=CyberLink PowerDVD

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SELECTSKINDIALOG-0]

DefaultSkin=Glow

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SHOW_CLPV_CLEV_DIALOG-1]

Result=1

[{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdFinish-0]

Result=1

bOpt1=0

bOpt2=0

I don't found any "as" in ISS file.

Edited by gamehead200

szName=Don't

szCompany=Post

szSerial=Serials!

i wouldnt post keys that are cracked :S

but for powerdvd, just use an ISS file like above, 2 make your own iss file, append -R (case sensitive) to your powerdvd .exe

in run...

example: D:\powerdvd.exe -R that records your install and saves it as a .iss file in windows directory setup.iss i think

good luck :)

Edited by gamehead200

taskkill is more powerful, and one less thing to copy over as it's included with XP (perhaps not Home edition though).

If i had multiple instanced of IE running, I could use taskkill to kill only one of the windows, without closing them all. pskill will close all of them.

my only guess as to why taskkill isn't working, is because you're trying to kill the wrong thing. Did you get those process names by looking at the Process Manager (Task Manager) and finding out which one you closed that actually closed the window, in an actuall attend environment?

well...i didnt mean pskill was better than taskkill, but some people prefer pskill...process.exe is better than both of them...Outlook Express is a good example...if you open msimn.exe and use taskkill to close it (by using runonceex) taskkill will exit before msimn is even open...I use process because it has a timeout option...ie I use process.exe msimn.exe -q 10 and that says that in 10 seconds it will forcibly close msimn...10 seems to be long enough, but I never could get taskkill to close it, id see the command window open and close and then like 20 seconds later msimn starts

my only guess as to why taskkill isn't working, is because you're trying to kill the wrong thing. Did you get those process names by looking at the Process Manager (Task Manager) and finding out which one you closed that actually closed the window, in an actuall attend environment?

Yes, i check what is the process is runnunig in taskmanager. I will try the pskill. Today i tell if the pskill works or not.

And guys, anyone know what is happen to installation of powerDVD create a folder "as"?

:)

@kremlincrackers

though this may not be your main problem during the powerdvd installation, but i saw that in your setup.iss, you have:

szDir=C:\Programas\CyberLink\PowerDVD

i dunno if i didn't get your post correctly, but would this be causing the incorrect path installation of powerdvd?

My silent installation of powerDVD is crazy. The directory of the program is C:\Program Files\as\CyberLink\PowerDVD until C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD, and the plugins in are in the correct folder: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\

I don't understand why the program goes to folder "as".

Note: I already create a .ISS file.

i think there were a couple of recommendations for proper powerdvd5 installation posted here.

Hello guys, again. I put my powerdvd installation working correctly! lol

The setup.iss only like english directory like "Program Files" until "Programas" (Portuguese) :)

But i can't put taskkill and pskill work, but i think what is the problem. When the window of registration of AnyDVD apears, the RunOnceEX don't move on until i click on "ok" to close it (the window). Exist any way to kill that window? or a command to RunOnceEX to do not wait by application exit?

I wait for answers :rolleyes:

perhaps u could use a vb script or autoit or something like that to click on okay

other than that maybe anydvd's registration box calls up another file?

u mentioned "AnyDVDS.exe Setup.exe"

are u trying to close both? if not try to close both

also is that the correct usage???

check the taskmanager or process explorer to see if any other application is lauched upon entering the registration window