Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

if you want the Explorer methodology going, yes double click should close a tree.

Any ideas on the having to actually clicking Install during an /AutoInstall? :) or is that on the list of things to do?

Which upload?

just one request, and do believe this is anactual request this time

can /SkipSettings not skip the User creation. Perhaps another /SkipUser for that.

you have a /SkipSettings and /SkipSoftware, so why not a /SkipUser?

I ask, because I use

CODE 

"..\Unattend\wihu.exe /SkipRestart /AutoInstall=1 /Ini=drivers.ini /Users=customusers.ini /UseCurrent /Log=%systemdrive%\wihu-drivers.log"

to start my second instance, but it pauses at the "Next" button to install software. Even that new wihu.exe you updated (not the alpha, the one just before built at 10pm your time) still paused. But I also want to create the user

did you upload it as a zip file to your site? The latest non-alpha i have says it was modified at about 10pm....

:rolleyes::)

wow, reading through the last few posts, which link is it fixed in?

i see...

I thinks it time to rewrite /autoinstall and /skip... things.

Please test the new one. Thx for reporting this ... never give up 

benjamin

but then I see...
Yes I don't uploaded fixed alpha yet.

benjamin

Is it fixed in the alpha that you don't want us to use in our actual installs? or the link on the site?

Just curious, so I can get the right file :D

EDIT::

Does anyone else hate it when you're posting something and then someone edit's their posts while you're typing? And then you review, and there it is. :D

EDIT2::

Looking at your page again, also the date didn't change. The bug fix number did. I think I have 7 or something (atleast, last number I saw on the page)

At this time posting was made, alpha version 2.1 wasn't fixed yet (is also fixed now btw.)

Is it fixed in the alpha that you don't want us to use in our actual installs? or the link on the site?
Both are fixed.

Version 2.0

Alpha 2, Version 2.1

Does anyone else hate it when you're posting something and then someone edit's their posts while you're typing? And then you review, and there it is.

:) Sorry.

Edit:

I uploaded this file at 00:38 (GMT+1).

Benjamin

allllriighty then...

Now to wait 2 hours till I can touch my comptuer again.....blasted work

Edit

Does anyone else hate it when you're posting something and then someone edit's their posts while you're typing? And then you review, and there it is. 

Sorry.

Benjamin

I think we've both been doing it :rolleyes:

I'll edit, then you edit, then I edit.....

In the end, we type too fast

Well, when I install....

I have 5 commands to install Nero.

1 installs nero

4 unregister some of it's files (Vid codecs)

so I use hide.x to not allow the deselection of the 4 unregisters.

Or killing a task, don't want people to not kill the task when it has to be killed.

If removed, maybe something to replace that function?

Sounds fine for me.....

But what about someone's request further up about not having a tree at all?

Like Subtree2 would be, but without the parent tre...

TREE
  SUBTREE 1
      ITEM 1
      ITEM 2
  SUBTREE 2
TREE2
TREE3
  SUBTREE 1
  SUBTREE 2
     ITEM1

and Tree2 is the only command in the tree, but it doesn't get it's own tree...so an example in practice...

CD Burning Apps
  Nero
      ITEM 1
      ITEM 2
  Alcohol 2
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
Image Viewer
  ACDSee
  IrfanView

Like Subtree2 would be, but without the parent tre...

EDIT:

That's no problem as long as it isn't root tree ... in this case subtree will be treated as an Tree Item with no restriction.

This could work:

CD Burning Apps
   Nero
       ITEM 1
       ITEM 2
   Alcohol 2
Microsoft applications
   Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
Image Viewer
   ACDSee
   IrfanView

Benjamin

*turns his head to the blackboards and starts writing* " i have to read the whole postings an not only a few words.................................."

I´m sorry, the new featrures sounded soooooooooo good, so wantet to try . my fault, again. :)

nevertheless i have one question. benjamin will you add the feature, that hidden elements, which are selected are unselected if no subject of the groupe, where they belong, will be installed. i have requested it one time, and don´t know if you remind it.