Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

@mastrboy

wihu.exe /?

should give you the majority of switches.

@sfamonkey

I've tested running it from SVPCACK.INF, CMDLINES.TXT, GUIRUNONCE, RUNONCEEX and from CDROM for all of the above as well.

@visaversa

his website is working over here.....

I know, been with him on mail...sadly not in spain...i guess, the name servers still need the update from his change.

untill now NO luck.

thx

@all: Who else still have problem accessing my web site?

I released new beta ... it's now possible to encrypt plain text passwords in ini files [users] section.

This option is available as command line switch.

/EncryptIni will encrypt INi file in place ... /DecryptIni will decrypt this.

@deth: I also added collapsed=x at root level.

Benjamin

Hmm

Since last version [Aug 5] the program doesn't load the "install.ini" automatically...

I must load the ini file manually each time... is it done on purpose??

yep i noticed this to, and should the user.ini not been loaded to?

@sfamonkey

I've tested running it from SVPCACK.INF, CMDLINES.TXT, GUIRUNONCE, RUNONCEEX and from CDROM for all of the above as well.

Sorry fot the question but what is "SVPCACK.INF"? i haven't found any information on that. :)

is there anywhere i can see all available switches for this program? i only need the software install thing

(could not find it on your page, and there is 41 pages in this post )

There's one good :rolleyes: , one not so good :) and one bad message :D for you (and maybe the others as well):

Let's start with the good one ...

I'm currently "developing" a more or less verbose manual for WIHU where all command line parameters, ini sections and so on are described

The not so good news ...

I need more time, won't be finished soon.

The bad news (at least for some of you) ...

It's German only.

OMG nooo!! please english.. This is like being in the liquer store but not be able to buy, because your not old enough

:) Well, then come and use German liquor stores, there you can buy with almost no probs; ignoring the fact there are no such stores here in Germany. *hhm*

Ok, now seriously:

I'm already writing on it for some time now and I certainly won't cancel all the work and start all over again, this time in English. I'm sorry for that, but I'm sure u understand! :D When I started my work, I chose German language consciously, well knowing not to reach everybody here. But because of its verbose style I opted for German first. You'll understand if you see the manual. Maybe I'll translate it into English afterwards, maybe somebody else wanna do this?! I dunno now. But I guess likelihood is low that I'm gonna do it.

Now half-seriously:

Erm ... and perhaps I can provide a norway version of it, too, because one of my friends is from Norway. But she isn't around now and I doubt she's got the time for it. :rolleyes:

website down again?

Oh sorry for that, I'll do my best to fix this.

I'll attach newest version here as long as my website is down.

There seems to be an harddisk failure ... can take longer time. I'll post each new version here until this is fixed.

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

Benjamine,

Can it be an option to add these parameters to the user.ini?

Owner.x=

Organisation.x=

Computername.x=

Could/can be that these installed pc's belonging to an other company or organisation. Save me from typing :-)

Also i liked the dropdown from one of the first versions...Easier to select the best profile for that pc. Anyway it can return 2 WIHU?

Later today first impressions...

@sfamonkey

Sorry fot the question but what is "SVPCACK.INF"? i haven't found any information on that. :)

typo, meant SVCPACK.INF. Most people install their hotfixes from it.