Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

command.0=Drivers\Creative\setup.exe -s -f1"%WIHU%\Drivers\Creative\audigy.iss" -f2"%SYSTEMROOT%\Temp\creative.log"

Does not appear to work. ResultCode=-5 (ISS file not found) in the log. Perhaps WIHU isn't expanding the variables before executing the string?

How do you get wihu to run from the [GuiRunOnce] section in the winnt.sif file when wihu is on the cd / dvd?

I tried the following but it doesn't work:

"..\software\wihu\wihu.exe /skiprestart /skipsettings /usecurrent /autologon"

The error message is unable to locate wihu.exe file.

@all: I added %SRCDRIVE% environment variable which points to installation source (CDROM) drive. It is also available at command line.

@all: I fixed a minor bug in registry key version comparison (only > and < comparison).
Was no bug ... refixed it :)
Works now...

Great! :rolleyes:

Please can someone share their install.ini with me ... cause I'll also create an unattended CD. Would be nice to use exsiting tested install.ini :D

Benjamin

Please note: I just did unattended installation test and find out that new created user didn't moved to any group (no administrators/users) ... which means user has no privileges. I don't know yet why this happens or if this always happens. In Windows everything works fine ... I've to find it out soon.

@Alanoll: Thx btw. for the ini files. If I've found the bug I'll test it.

Benjamin

hi i have a question.

is it possibel to mark if there should be a tree structure or not?

i have some programs like mozilla an mirande ,there shiuld be a tree structure and there some where not.

in deutsch

ich brauche nur bei ein paar progs die baum struktur. kannst du da nen marker einfügen oder sowas, oder geht das schon anderweitig?

I'm interested in what Osmosis Jones said as well. I have some programs that it makes sense to have a tree structure, but then I have Office by it's self....and then it's a tree on it's one.

I've noticed that when restarting, WIHU only exits upon restart. If you run it during GUIRunOnce the desktop won't fully load prior to the restart. Is there a way to possibly add a switch to tell WIHU to call the restart command, but then exit itself? The AutoExit will exit after no user input, maybe a switch to have WIHU exit on it's own (after installation, but not restart) instead of having to click Finish?

Update: The bugs seems to be following: If the username created is the same as the computer name, Windows will not find the right USER SID ... i.e. adding user to administrators/users group is not possible. So I have to ensure in WIHU that username and computername is different.

is it possibel to mark if there should be a tree structure or not?
What is special using a tree structure, I can't understand this.
If you run it during GUIRunOnce the desktop won't fully load prior to the restart.

I don't understand this, please explain it a bit in detail. I always run WIHu in GUIRunOnce and everything works fine. I initially added restart button to ensure that newly created user will be logged on after installation, which requires restart.

Benjamin