Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

No problem benjamin.

Actually, there are some other things i'd like to be added:

1. a commandline parameter to skip the software install part. That way i could run your program twice. Once through cmdlines.txt to create an admin account and setup the computer settings. The second time after first logon with the new account to just run and install the software part, here it would skip the account screen.

2. an option to rename the default Administrator account instead of creating a new admin

3. a possibility to use the name and password of the newly created account as variables in the install.ini file (e.g. %newuser%, %newpassword%).

This is used in the cmdlines.txt part to run a batch file which injects the autologon parameters into the registry and thus lets you autologon using your newly created account.

@syntax_13:

You could use wihu /autoinstall 0 /username "New User" /userpassword 1234567890

In this case, settings will not be skiped.

Setting %NewUserPassword% is a security risc, don't know if it is so suitable.

Changing Administrator isn't that easy. What about just disabling it?

Nevertheless I added this feature at this moment. May be there will be a command line switch in future to disable it. %NewUserPassword% and %NewUserName% is now available.

Benjamin Kalytta

when I use the switch /skipsettings, I get the screen below, but when I don't use the switch it shows up normal

EDIT: just did another test, when I call wihu.exe from the commandline without the switch its also like in the screenshot

post-70-1088429790_thumb.jpg

I would like to make one more request, an option to specify the time when windows reboots, and make it visually so that the user sees when it is going to reboot, I would like to have this option so that the shell can load properly before it reboots