startoc.inf

gosh

Anyone know what this does? On windows xp home edition sp2 it's included in sysoc.inf. It's only in home, not pro. It first appeared in sp2 beta build 2111 i believe. However in non of the beta builds does it include startoc.cab, which includes all the files. What's the point of startoc.inf if no one can use it? Is this a new version of windows, Windows XP Starter Edition?

; This is the Setup information file to install Starter Edition components

; Copyright © 2004 Microsoft Corporation

-gosh

Is this a new version of windows, Windows XP Starter Edition?
Looks like it ;-)

see quote I have found on an latin-am M$-site (bablefish translation)

look at the last line :) so ... SSSSTTTTT

gr /\/\o\/\/

HOT POINTS Asia WSJ declares that the cheap PCs is part of the strategy to grow in emergent markets The article of Becky Buckman published in Asia Wall ßstreet Journal, titleholder "Microsoft's Malaysia Policy: Ace Poorer Nations Push PCs, Software King Lowers Prices In a I.A.D.B. to Outfox Free Linux (also with the title of Microsoft's Whole New World: Low-Cost PCs in Malaysia Are Part of Broader Strategy To Grow in Emerging Markets)", it is focused in the supplies of Microsoft with discounts of programs of PC in Malaysia and Thailand and the potential to adapt our model of prices at world-wide level. She speaks on the implications of the reduction of prices and the increase of the tendency towards the diminution of costs to influence in emergent markets. Becky emphasizes that the programs are "en answer to Linux" and it concludes that "a the company it would like to offer a uniform package of software of low price for the countries below certain entrance to per capita, distributed only by means of programs gubernamentales". Several analysts and third parts commented on this subject, including a Charles I gave Bona de Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. He says that, "una time that you lose the global power (in prices), the monopoly breaks itself and no longer operative margins of 80%" can be had;. This makes reference to the future of the efforts of 'Windows Lite', but it does not specify more details. Please, it remembers that the note on the program Windows XP Starter Edition on which listened in Summit WW PR and another place is confidential until next warning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...