Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

Thanks vel straty!

how did you do that?Is it needed even if I already have the sp 1a Cd version?

Now I'm experiencing some problem with the phase "merging hotfixes". I think it's not working since on the Xpcreate window it stops for hours(really tested for 4 hours).

Here it is:

1) Problem in downloading Spack 1a

XPcreate Window:

-- 21.26.33 --> Looking for CD Source.

-- 21.26.33 --> Trying to extract the Boot Image.

-- 21.26.34 --> Setting up Run-Time Variables.

-- 21.26.34 --> Listing Hotfixes and Updates.

-- 21.26.34 --> Removing Previous Creation Directories.

-- 21.26.34 --> Removing TEMP Files.

-- 21.26.34 --> Creating TEMP directories.

-- 21.26.34 --> Determine Source Version.

-- 21.26.34 --> Found Source Version: XPP

-- 21.26.34 --> Found Minor Version: 1

-- 21.26.34 --> Found Service Pack Version: 1

-- 21.26.34 --> Found Language Version: ITA

-- 21.26.34 --> Found Localization Version: Italiano

-- 21.26.34 --> Hotfix Directory used: SP2

-- 21.26.34 --> Downloading Hotfix List.

-- 21.26.37 --> Source not up to date. Need Service Pack.

-- 21.26.37 --> Cannot find SP 1a.

-- 21.26.37 --> Downloading Service Pack.

....then the downloader starts and nothing happen

Log file:(too long. added as a file)

XPCREATE.LOG

Guest zippy

microsoft's squid server sometimes got some trouble about exceeding bandwidth, happened to me on about a week ago.

iOpus will not show the error message, it just hang there. try other downloader ex.NetTransport/FlashGet, you can find the error message.

TenaciousMetal,

As GM says, there was no link for the SP1. Even if we show you the codes for the stuff, not adding the code to your hflist will not solve the problem. Well, sorry for the late response.

The code is HERE.

There were two links that I found for your Italian SP1a. Both were from inside the M$ website, one short and another one had a long URL. And the third one that you can link to can come from the WindowsUpdate site. If you find it. I chekched the above two's MD5 but, of course, it was the same.

Maybe, for is some reason that the MS server would not response at all, somebody can be nice enough to host their updates in some manner. And for the XPCREATE.cmd to download from multiple places can make the users life easiere. But of course then, it wil make the coders life harder.

The Hotfix Lists should only list Microsoft sites for downloading, simply for "security" reasons. The one exception is DX9 OPK version, which is not available to the general public on Microsofts site. Furthermore, given the way in which file downloading is processed, adding any kind of logic, such as "Is the file available, Is the site up, Has the download timed out", etc., would require a complete re-write and re-think of the download code, and that is not in the current planning. Then again, the current planning only includes bug fixing and vacation till the end of the summer!

GreenMachine,

I know what you mean by security reasons to only DL from the MS web site. But isn't the MD5 checksum there to check if it is the real one or not?

Well, I can't code like you do so since I don't know how to run the batch file stuffs, ( well used to know it back then), so I and the many other can only post requests or fix something that is very easy.

When I got the time, I'll try to do the coding from the one that you've created to let it use some kind of a downloader so that it can do multiple downloads at one time. Not all of us has a broadband net line but using a downloader, we can DL many at once which many of the people might want.

If this goes against your will GM, sorry about that, but like you, and many others participating to get the XPC go good I'll keep on trying for it to run better!

Have fun at your vacation location. Now, I'm going back home to the US for some vacation! We all gotta have some rest for our soul!

Et voilà!

That means: it's done!

The xpcthlst updated, tested and working (well ... almost working) is done.

New errors discovered and fixed and some old light mistakes not discovered nor fixed :)

Anyway it works fine I think.

The problems are:

1: Kb831167, kb839643 and WinMovie maker2 even if in the list needs to be reinstalled via Windows update. The installation of WIN XP is interrupted due to a strange window telling which are the right switches to give to one of the hotfixes, unfortunately I cannot understand which one.

Hope it's usefull

Ciao

XPCTHLST.TXT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been practising XPCREATE for 2 weeks now;

Nice work and so useful...

Here is my little contribution : my list for french hotfixes

Tested : All working !

@TenaciousMetal

The installation of WIN XP is interrupted due to a strange window telling which are the right switches to give to one of the hotfixes, unfortunately I cannot understand which one.

You should remove "WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ITA.exe" from your list, this update can only be applied after the first boot of your XP and not from SVCPACK.INF

XPCTHLST_FRA.txt