Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

Hi GreenMachine,

I don't use XPCREATE, but I would like to add the missing links for the Dutch hotfixes as posted by SlimShady here.

I made the list and I tested once.

Results:

- Three hotfixes were not installed or not found (by me)

Q831167

Q817787

Q816093

The file contains only hotfixes that were succesful.

Q831167

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/e...b3d/Q831167.exe

Q817787 MediaPlayer 8

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/a...787-x86-NLD.exe

This ofcoarse is only if your not updating to MediaPlayer 9.

Q816093

There is no download (any more) for Q816093, other than the one for Windows2000 SP4. To some it may be know as "Virtual Machine for Internet Explorer (Build 3805, release 25-03-02)" It's not localized either. I've seen some people use links to the DX9NTopk package instead.

As I don't use XPCREATE, I cant calculate the checksum values for you. Perhaps SlimShady would like to update his XPCTHLST.TXT.

Thanks for all your work, Green. Adding localized support to XPCREATE is a splendid choice!

Hope this helps a bit. With kind regards,

eNuffSaid

As I don't use XPCREATE, I cant calculate the checksum values for you. Perhaps SlimShady would like to update his XPCTHLST.TXT.

You can check out on any file's checksum by using this software, WinMD5sum. It's just easy as D&D.

Anyway, here are the md5 checksums for the following Dutch hotfixes commented by enuffsaid.

File Name : Q831167.exe

URL : http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/e...b3d/Q831167.exe

MD5 : 3f4face1c3a1b32aa52e9f63b41ba8af

File Name : WindowsMedia8-KB817787-x86-NLD.exe

URL : http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/a...787-x86-NLD.exe

MD5 : ab1ecf6bc00313608d79d2b67e51265c

YES! need to say it! The amount of people that actually contribute to MSFN compared to the amount of people that visit this forum is only a fraction. Its only a handfull of people, like yourself, that make this all possible for a lot of people, and that is worth a "thank you!" :)

Well, enuffsaid, I'm new to this MSFN forum so I don't know much about what's going on other than inside the XPCREATE place. There's a BIG, VERY BIG BBS place in Japan called 2ch, but that place is just a spammers paradise. You can get information there but calculating the time and cost, its not worth searching for information or neither contributing to something there. But here, as for now, this MSFN place doesn't seem to have much spammers so that is why I contribute, not much but things I know.

Anyway, going back to the localized version as the thread says, I'm still figuring out the way to install WinXP created by XPC. The only thing that I've found out was that the Q832894.exe was causing the problem to stop setup at the t-39 point of the GUI setup.

Will be back again with cause and effect data!

Thanks, enuffsaid, for the links. I didn't know about the Java update, but I'd bet the 2K SP4 file works ...

Believe me, I know where you are coming from ... and yes, MSFN is sometimes taken for granted. A kind word and a show of appreciation is all too rare these days, in all facets of life. Sometimes I think it might be better to spend my free time hanging out at The Bulldog ...

Still ... good to see you around! Abd thanks as well to all the Vel Stratys out there, that are kind enough to lend a helping hand. Nice to see posts other than ... HELP!

So, enuffsaid, for now you are forgiven, but remind me after vacation to work on your XPCREATE conversion/induction!

Tot ziens!

Hey Green,

Its always a pleasure helping out! I wish you a great vacation with lots of sun, hopefully more than we've had in the past two weeks here in Holland. :)

Keep up your good work, and I'll be knocking on your door after vacation.

'ave a good one, mate.

Kind regards,

eNuffSaid

Thanks zippy: :)

another DLURL workaround for those who does not like to add httpd on your machine (me).

CODE 

DLURL=file://d:/HFLISTS

simple and nice solution. Now i'm going to store all the HF and list on my external USB drive, a great and powerfull Web Server :rolleyes:

Hello here is the updated ver of the Italian XP list with the new KB823353 - 840315 - 8427773 - 841873 - 839645.

I have a problem with the service pack download:

I own an SP1a Xp CD and I don't know how to add in the [OSINFO] of the XPCTHLIST.txt the information about

CURSPVER= (maybe 1a ?)

CURSPURL=

CURSPMD5=

CURSPPATH=

So when I start the XPcreate.cmd the downloader hangs trying to download the service pack.

The MSDOS windows says:

--12.17.49 --> Found source version: XPP

--12.17.49 --> Found minor version: 1

--12.17.49 --> Found language version: ITA

--12.17.49 --> Found localization version: Italiano

--12.17.49 --> Hotfix Directory used:SP2

--12.17.49 --> Downloading Hotfix list.

--12.17.51 --> Source not up to date. Need service Pack.

--12.17.51 --> Cannot find SP 1a.

--12.17.51 --> Downloadin Service Pack.

the iopus file downloader window start but nothing happen for minutes.

What am I doing wrong?

Here ya go!

[OSInfo]
SOURCEVER=XPP
WINLANG=ITA
CURSPVER=1
CURSPURL=http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/a/7/6a727e5c-c84b-45ef-b943-b0080acfe352/xpsp1a_it_x86.exe
CURSPMD5=749ba827bd053db6f9dc821ab274b0ba
CURSPPATH=SPACKS\xpsp1a_it_x86.exe

This should be right.