Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

Thanks, TenaciousMetal, and Welcome to MSFN!

Sorry, but the hardest part of making the list is replacing DOWNLOADLINKHERE. The file C:\Windows\Windows Update.txt will have the URLs if you let Windows Update download the files for you.

As soon as I can ... I will make a better "How To" page for this, and include instructions on setting up this HFLIST file on a local web server, so that the users can test the files BEFORE posting them here. That is, unless someone has the kindness to do it before me ...

I was sure of that!

Of course the file windows update.txt dosent exist in my windows directory nor in my whole hard disk!!!

Anyway I have all the hotfixes downloade maybe they can be usefull as well.

By the way while writing I'm trying to creaye the Cd but I get this errors:

Aggiornamento di Windows Media : Errore di Sintassi nell'opzione della riga di comando. digitare Comando /? per la guida

Aggiornamento di windows media 828026:

TenaciousMetal, GreenMachine,

Never new about looking inside the "C:\Windows\Windows Update.txt". I use Net Transport, which is a downloader. And when it tries to download the file, it asks for you if you want to download. At that screen, it shows you the direct address, in this case your(TenaciousMetal) "downloadlinkhere" stuff.

Or, go to the download page inside microsoft and look inside the html source and copy and paste it to your Italian list.

Example for Q322011,

1. Go to MS's site and search for "322011".

2. You get this download link -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...33-2C6466522E5C

3. For the above URL, look inside the html source and search for "322011".

4. You'll find the folowing.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...SP2_x86_ITA.exe

That's it!

For the MD5 checksum, use the md5.exe (command line) provided inside XPCREATE or use winMd5Sum.exe (GUI). You can download this from http://www.download.com/ .

Aggiornamento di Windows Media : Errore di Sintassi nell'opzione della riga di comando. digitare Comando /? per la guida

Aggiornamento di windows media 828026:

Would you mind to translate this into English? Everyone who wishes to comment on it would like it in English as this forum is in English.

Maybe if one has got an error in their language, one can QUOTE it and then QUOTE again the English translated one for incase something might be useful in ones's language.

... Aggiornamento di Windows Media : Errore di Sintassi nell'opzione della riga di comando. digitare Comando  /? per la guida ...

Mamma Mia! Let me guess:

Invalid arguements used. Type /? at the command prompt for information.

Windows Update.txt has the URLs from files downloaded through Windows Update: just the easy way I use, but there are many, and probaly better, methods out there.

Anyways ... not much time for the next few days ... I'll check back later.

Big thanks to Vel Straty for his HFLIST contributions and help in this thread.

Multi Bella!

Thanks, TenaciousMetal! Like I said, I'm limited in availability for the next few days, but I think the List Master will add this to the site very soon, and you can test it from there.

Thanks again!

Guest zippy

another DLURL workaround for those who does not like to add httpd on your machine (me).

DLURL=file://d:/HFLISTS

iOpus Download will download my XPCTHLST.TXT for XPP - CHT version from D:\HFLISTS\XPP\CHT\XPCTHLST.TXT. note that it's a hard-link to the file, so it will be moved to where XPCREATE is. make a backup file everytime before you run XPCREATE.

Latest news from Italian file list.

I found some bugs in the last version (the dx9 update must be extracted from the RAR to exe file)

Moreover two or three updates are missing.

I fixed the bugs(i hope) and added the missing hotfixes and going to test it.

I'm preparing the updated list but I have a problem. I discovered that my XPCTHLST.TXT has been deleted from the xpcreate directory where I putted it. Do you know why? I think it's due to the fact that in the ini file of XPcreate one of the voice says to delete the rute(or something like that)is it possible?

How can I solve the problem so that I can actually delete all the useless files (temp dir, SVC dir, ISO and so on)but leave xpcthlst.txt for further use?

Last question is there a way to found the deleted list file?I used a recovery tool but with no results, how is it possible?

Grazie e Ciao

And also, the reason why I make a server at my computer for the dl for the list is because if you point it to a local place, meaning c:\xpcreate\xpp\jap\xpcthlst.txt or something like that, the xpcreate.cmd deletes the list. So, I made it to point it to my pc via the internet so that the xpcreate.cmd can't erase the list file.

And also, the reason why I make a server at my computer for the dl for the list is because if you point it to a local place, meaning c:\xpcreate\xpp\jap\xpcthlst.txt or something like that, the xpcreate.cmd deletes the list. So, I made it to point it to my pc via the internet so that the xpcreate.cmd can't erase the list file.

Write protect the file and it wont delete it :)

Thanks for the Italian list. I did comment out the 4 entries without download links.

; ADD SVC-WMP\WMP9_MM2_ENU.exe DOWNLOADLINKHERE 6BBC0B7AE217F2BD13AEEF6190D09C0F

; ADD SVC-HF2\WindowsMedia-KB828026-x86-ITA.exe DOWNLOADLINKHERE 54F8FE99E2B80BF2528F216246C4A2B3

; ADD SVC-HF1\Q819696_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe DOWNLOADLINKHERE 7F8B228C0AA454DEB6FC88C2D3F07D21

; ADD SVC-PRE\DX9NTopk.rar DOWNLOADLINKHERE C8B330E6D9BA1ED68DF8404E64DE4F1D

-V