XPCREATE

GreenMachine

It was a non-fatal typo. Fixed: current version is 11 JUNE 2004 (I think ... )

SWFLASH will NOT work in XPCREATE/WIN2K.

Before changing the code, re-read the EULA you accepted on install ...

ok thanks i'll get the updated version.

swflash has been droped!

i had no intention of changing any code and could not believe someone would even jugest that.

the last thing i would want to do is upset u, cause i like to ask a programing favor latter when u are not too busy. i'll send a private message latter about it much latter if u are intrested.

wouldn't it be nice to add an extra folder for the downloadlist, to put all the stuff not applicable by xpcreate (like the new dxpatch, and maybe mdac2.8 + mdac hf again). so no one would miss the updates.

another more important improvement would be the ability to choose to apply all the patches or just the security hotfixes. the unapplied ones could still make their way onto the CD, to be used later if necessary.

however, Alanoll's idea to add a pause would be a good workaround atm.

anyway, this tool is great the way it is!

ps

Before changing the code, re-read the EULA you accepted on install ...

@GM: sorry, my fault; i promise to mend my ways.

Don't think I could do a pause: I think I finally pulled the last one out recently. It takes away from the unattended aspect. Right now, user input is only for a fatal error, or program completion.

As for adding more than "needed" to the download list, I guess anyone who writes the XPHLISTs (or whatever I called them ...) could simply implement such a function without even touching the code! (Coincidence?). I have little to no interest in keeping the lists...

Still, thanks for your ideas, and keep them coming. The above suggestions are not really in the scope of the command line utility that XPCREATE is.

Umm sorry for a noobish post, but i was away from windows for quite a loong time, and i though of testing the new xpcreate,. so where can i get the latest xpcreate, the one with the auto-downloading n stuff ?

BYe,

Jazz

Edit, ok i checked the xpcreate site and saw the new download paramaters in the .ini, but the dl url dosent seem to work, is this intended ? or has someone uploaded the file to some other place ?

Also, the version in the xpcreate.cms is 27-apr-04, ?? as opposed to the last update data thats june-11th !

The whole asking for diffrent setups of the hotfix is getting to be like beating a dead horse. Lets simpfy things.

1. if you dont want certin hotfixes installed, just stop XPCREATE after it has downloaded all the hotfixes, take out the ones you dont need and then modify the xpcreate.ini file.

2. the whole idea behind this project is to automate everything from building the iso ( pauses would be annoying ) to having XP install with all hotfixes. if you want any other configurations please see #1. (and for the people with dial up... dont complain.. you get what you pay for.)

Usually, we keep this information private - but since you have been persistent, I will give you the secret download link for XPCreate.

Duh ok Mr smarty pants ! :) I tried that just before i decided to post..

That link is for the Old version of Xpcreate the one that dosent have the DL features i think.. cuz i couldnt see any DL options in the Xpcreate.ini also the version date specified in the xpcreate.cmd is old..

So, that just isnt the version that i was lookin for.. and also regarding the update list, i think the link has either changed or someone has decided to pull it off...

In both the cases can anyone point me to the right direction ?

BYe,

Jazz

I'm not sure what exactly you're smoking, but it appears to be powerful. :)

I just clicked the link, downloaded the file, ran the installer, and opened up xpcreate.cmd. The version is for "11 JUN 2004", and it does work.

You are looking at the wrong copy of XPCREATE on your hard drive then, I guess. :rolleyes:

Something strange ... When I download from the XPCREATE Web Site (links in signature) I get the 11 June 2004 version. Furthermore, XPCREATE.EXE installs the version with AutoDownload, whereas XPCREATE.ZIP is the non-AutoDownload version, which I cannot find on the XPCREATE Web Site.

Something strange ... When I download from the XPCREATE Web Site (links in signature) I get the 11 June 2004 version. Furthermore, XPCREATE.EXE installs the version with AutoDownload, whereas XPCREATE.ZIP is the non-AutoDownload version, which I cannot find on the XPCREATE Web Site.

OHH ! so now i know.. hmm, ok then i know what the problem is..

I actually downloaded the zip version , maybe thatsss why i get the old version.

Ok no probs i'll get the exe one..

Thanx anyways.

BYe,

Jazz