check out my site

hotmale

I hope you want honesty, cause that's what I'll give you.. mkay...

The logo is very.. straightforward.. very simplistic font and the diamondshaped gradient thing isn't too much "wow" either. But it's not bad. It does look ameatureish, but not crappy.

It may just be me, but those horizontal rulers do not fit with the rest of the theme on the site. Also, the color of your links (that normal blue) does really not match your background. Talking of matching, at this may also just be me, but the color of the logo doesn't really match the color of the background, either..

Also, as a tip instead of criticism.. try using more than four colors on the site (white and dark blue on the logo and black and um.. lighter blue on the page).

Finally, although you might not need this, it's just that I'm a big fan of it, try getting your page validated. Most unlikely to happen as long as you use Microsoft Office to build pages though. :)

WB, I’m glad you liked the site :rolleyes: . Hope you become a regular visitor of my site coz I’m really tired of the fluctuating number of hits. One day I get 100 hits (which are good as a start) and the next day only 40!

DP, of course I want honest feedback because:

1) I can take criticism well.

2) What’s the use of feedback if you’re just telling me what I want to hear?

3) I’m considering my site as a beta version. I’ll keep on changing till I’m satisfied.

The problem with the logo is I made it myself and I know nothing about graphic design! If you can refer me to a place which gives free logos, that would be great.

I can’t thank you enough for getting my attention towards the horizontal lines. They absolutely sucked :) ! I don’t know how I didn’t notice it. I’ve changed them and I guess they’re much better now.

What do you suggest I do with the links? I think they’re visible and look fine.

You seem to like colourful websites but I’m sticking to a few colours to maintain a pure, authoritative and tranquil feeling. I’m also trying to convey useful info and not just focus on ultra cool graphics. Sorry if you don’t like it, but I can’t please everyone even if I try. Please come back!

GH200, oops! Sorry.

P.S. Why is everyone just focusing on the appearance of the site? I’m also waiting for feedback regarding the articles.

DP, of course I want honest feedback because:

1) I can take criticism well.

2) What’s the use of feedback if you’re just telling me what I want to hear?

3) I’m considering my site as a beta version. I’ll keep on changing till I’m satisfied.

Very good that you take critisism well. I like that. :)
The problem with the logo is I made it myself and I know nothing about graphic design! If you can refer me to a place which gives free logos, that would be great.

Those services mostly suck.. you rarely get anything decent for free. The logo ain't too bad, really. It could be better, really, but honestly, so could most other things in the world.

I can’t thank you enough for getting my attention towards the horizontal lines. They absolutely sucked  ! I don’t know how I didn’t notice it. I’ve changed them and I guess they’re much better now.
Hmm.. I still see horizontal rulers on your page, even after doing a refresh.. I don't know if you've updated the changed version or not... personally, I dislike horizontal rulers alltogether... but that's just me.
What do you suggest I do with the links? I think they’re visible and look fine.

You must've changed them or something, or else my mind just remembers them as worse.. anyway, I just suggest you use another color than blue for both links and background, even if they aren't the same brightness.

You seem to like colourful websites but I’m sticking to a few colours to maintain a pure, authoritative and tranquil feeling. I’m also trying to convey useful info and not just focus on ultra cool graphics. Sorry if you don’t like it, but I can’t please everyone even if I try. Please come back!

Not neccessarily colorful.. just that I like them to have some kind of spirit.. or some kind of pure, nice theme.. I'll show you how my page is going to look, just to show you what kind of style/theme I am making. It's of course possible that you think that page sucks, which means that we're not gonna be able to discuss this, since we'll have quite different opinions.. it'll be like an opera fan complaining music with a punk. :rolleyes:

See my Webpage

CyborgX, I understand what you mean. But you might not be catching up with the fast changing world. The term “geek” is tending to become more positive. It no more means nerds with huge goggles, no life and weird personalities. It just means a person in love with computers and tech related stuff. Most tech enthusiasts are even proud to be called geeks these days. If you don’t understand how a word’s meaning can change, see the word “hacker” for instance. According to the Pocket Oxford Dictionary, a hacker is “a person whose hobby is computing or computer programming”. In time, it changed. Now, whenever you hear the word hacker, the first thing that crosses your mind is criminals breaking into computers… You know what I’m saying?

DarkPhoenix, the horizontal lines are still there. I just changed them. If you can’t see the latest version of the page, press Ctrl+F5.

No, I hadn’t changed the links when you wrote your reply. I don’t know why you think they’re different! Weird! But just a few minutes ago, I changed the links and added a hover effect which I think is nice. See if that’s more like it.

I couldn’t see your web page. For some reason it won’t load. Please check the link.

Good day!

I couldn’t see your web page. For some reason it won’t load. Please check the link.

lol :rolleyes:.. it is because the link leads to a file on my PCs web server.. and since I turn it off sometimes, at least when I'm sleeping, and since you accessed the image at 3 in the morning (in my time zone) there's no wonder it didn't work.. try again, I'll leave my pc running for at least 24 hours now, so you'll have a fair chance of seeing it... :)

@Alanoll: I don't see what's so active about it... but I'll agree it looks nice. Although the choice of font (the graffiti-like font) is something I don't like. Oh well. We're all entitled to different opinions. :) Also, the page looks really bad in Opera and Mozilla, due to bad CSS syntax. IE on the other hand gladly accepts errors, which is a pain in the a**, since that makes people who make sites and test them in IE do mistakes like on this one, which makes them useless in browsers other than IE. I use Opera, and here's what it looks like:

Opera screenshot (Looks the same in Mozilla) I assume you use IE, since you obviously don't know this... I just wish more people would see how their sites look in other browsers. My site works with all three browsers mentioned here, plus the Mac browser, Safari, I think it is... that's the way it should be. And blablabla, I'm just rambling, going way OT in this thread, so I'll just end this with a small comment:

I have always like clean, simplistic-looking sites, thus I make my own that way. :rolleyes: (This BB theme fits my taste very well, as another example)

Alanoll and DP, I’ve seen both sites. I’m not going to say whether my site is better or not. Both look good but they're just different from mine. Different people have different tastes. I think you understand what I mean.

@DarkPheonix

But then again, it is a friend's site, and she isn't really looking for it to be cross browser, as everyone who does go there are her friends, and have IE and they've never heard of other browsers.....it's really sad.....

@hotmale

I understand....

I personally am someone who likes graphically appealing sites. Not covered in it, but I usually make my sites with graphics. Not just plain text. It's just my personal preference.

But for teh type of sit eyou're going for, i think it's quite good design. Simplistic and to the point.

I have done very major changes to my site and I’m really proud of the outcome :) . If you didn’t like my site just because of the appearance, please have a look again. You might change your mind.

BTW, I’m still welcoming feedback, affiliates (exchanging links) and any help to spread the word about my site.

Good day!