Windows 2003 for Games?

Hi guys

I'm downloading Windows 2003 and i don't know if it works like Windows Xp, you know, like play games and the other stuff.

I'm asking because a person told me that game will not work with windows 2003

Please help me

Number 1: Wrong forum.

Number 2: READ THE RULES!

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

Por que ninguém lê as réguas!? :)

[Topic moved.]

does it work like xp? well, its a server, xp isnt, u have 2 manually enable alot of stuff, like audio,themes,full video acceleration, and its not cut out for gaming like xp is, but other then that its ok i guess

if u want to play games why would u want to move to win2003?

are they forcing u to get it???

win2000 & 2003 they're mostly customized for server and client based programs. u might be able to run it, but I highly doubt that u're going to get a good performance

The server OSes are optimised to run programs running in the background, although you can change it so that it run forground apps with priority, lots of DX stuff is turned off etc. Check out the guide located on this site somewhere about turning it into a workstation, it tells you.

Games use DirectX and DirectX is now being made for the Server 2003 family OS's, meaning you will have no compatibility issues with games, at all.

You won’t notice any real improvement in performance on a vanilla PC with server 2003, but you will notice a hell of an improvement on more exotic hardware (2GB+ of ram, multiple CPU's, etc).

Once you fallow an easy guide to customizing Server 2k3 into a workstation, you'll be very happy with it.