• Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My recent discovery is by far the fastest and most results out of any P2P Program out there!

It's called Shareaza Plus and it is a modified version of Shareaza to give it the maximum speed and search results. It is blazing fast! Of course if you use SP2 you must get a tcp patch and change to 50.
I forget its location search sourceforge.net for it.

The only thing Shareaza is good for is music. Other than that, it's a piece of junk. if it works for you, congrats. It's not that I couldn't get it working... I mean... I know how to set it up and the ports and whatnot, but it just plain ol' sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
[url="http://www.utorrent.com"]utorrent[/url] and [url="http://www.bearshare.com"]bearshare[/url] are the best for me. such fast download speeds.

just find the crack for bearshare pro, and voilá! no adware or spyware. with utorrent, you don't even need to go with the installation process, just run it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Azureus uses Java, which sucks. BitComet is awesome. I know uTorrent has a bit more customizability, but I'd choose the ability to download the files in the torrents s higher priority than being able to choose which columns are visible in the main GUI. I could never get uTorrent to download anything as well as BitComet does. I've grabbed countless movies, tv shows, albums, programs with BitComet over the past 6 months. So as for casting it out into the cold just because there's some other program that's a single EXE, it sleeps at the end of my digital bed. :P

utorrent is deffinately my favorite. its feature packed, without being a resource hog like the rest. you can download 1 or all files inside a torrent, not sure where you got the idea that you have to download everything jeremy. just have to dig into the settings, more to customizing it than just a skin and gui window placements.

i used to use kazaa lite ++ way back in the day, tried bearshare for a while..wasn't bad (decent speed and not many fake files). using limewire pro now, its not horrible but i do find alot of fake files lately. i've been thinking of trying out something new like emule or such but i all these clients end up shutdown or crippled eventually.

torrents are the most reliable, i hardly ever use anything else now unless its for something small that i want real quick.

P.S. i realize i quoted you from a year ago jeremy, i just read this thread from start to finish, no offense :P

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I use Piolet. Very fast in downloading and uploading, files are never corrupted too. The only drawback of it is that you only have to download one media which is music and nothing else...!

Edited by davscer