• eDonkey
    • Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

[quote name='zakum' post='541839' date='Aug 1 2006, 02:48 PM']I use dc++, I am a member of several private hubs, so you know you wont get viruses or any other crap.
Daughter put Kazaa on recently and killed windows stone dead :realmad:[/quote]
That's why you should have imaged the harddrive and restored it after she did that. Such a quick problem solver. :) People don't understand how utterly simple the process is.
But KaZaA... wow...that's like taking your computer and putting it underneath a rotted log in the woods and leaving it there for a day. :P

• 4 weeks later...
This thread I feel is out of date, apart form the direct pressure from fines, jails terms and the like, the music companies are now starting to allow downloading free of charge, Spiralfrog in the states springs to mind here, why, because they are bundling ads on the site and also they get revinue from the supplier this way.

The likes of Yutube also undercuts the reason to download, I mean if the screen is always viewable on yutube why bother to fill the comp with buggy files, also if one really wants to catch flv files from yutube, nothing could be easier.

Also, what with almost everyone having some sort of mp3 player, or telephone flashcard, or computer, whenever one hears a track one likes, the first thing one does is just takes a copy directly.

My point with the above is not that ilegal p2p's will end but more likely that their use will deminish for the reason I have given here. What music companies must fear most is now happening: that people will directly swap stuff without the Internet.

[quote name='Jeremy' post='559335' date='Sep 11 2006, 03:06 PM']Well, there doesn't need to be an entry for each torrent client, but Torrents in general.[/quote]

Maybe, but some Torrent clients use more memory that others, have more funcions, etc... so put only the more important torrent clients and uTorrent is one of the most important because of the size, the memory it uses, the skins and the popularity