• BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

[quote name='Jeremy' date='Sep 23 2005, 06:20 AM']BitComet
Shareaza is garbage. King Pending.
Man, didn't I post here already? All the polls seem to have reset.
[right][post="393779"][/post][/right][/quote]

there was no poll here yet... i added it yesterday :)

• 2 weeks later...
Azureus rocks on my PC. Works stable, have a lot of options and plugins. It`s very good and display the real spead, not like bitcomet - buls***s!
Ya, Azureus isnt for slow PCs, but on computer with 1GB is PERFECT!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='prankst3r' post='409875' date='Oct 25 2005, 01:33 AM']I found a great open source P2P based off limewire called frostwire, its basically limewire pro, but free, legal, and has a few tweaks that make limewire look stupid[/quote]
The Frostwire developers (or at least some of them) seem to think they own Gnutella1, I don't like them.
They also had a (kind of a) row with the Shareaza members about this, there was also a rumor they were planning to ban Shareaza because of outdated G1 support (although their main dev stated there were no such plans to do that).
Also, there is going to be a new bugfix version of Shareaza out soon, it has a completely rewritten Media Player and more little fixes that will take less system resources, I tried the test version (2.2.0.3) that was posted at the forums and it works excellently.

I used to use Limewire & Azureus. I still use these 2 for many of my downloads BUT I have added one to my collection. DC++ is also a P2P program, letting you connect to hubs.

Downside is that it takes a bit of time figuring out which hubs are good, and you only connect to 1 person at a time. If that person goes offline, it is a matter of waiting till he/she returns.

But I have seen some major speeds in certain downloads.

As with most programs out there... if you don't find it in one place, look in another.

Jacco

shareaza for single song downloads, azureus for everything else, but im moving to µTorrent. the only bad thing about it is no remote management, so i cant control it from my main computer (its running on my server), although i can add torrents through automatic folder importing