• eDonkey
    • Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

I'm using torrent since it's firts days in public.
So torrent is good for new and popular files. The size doesn't matter then.

eDonkey is the best fo older files. I use it, when i can't find torrent links.
Also LDC++ . There is variuos stuff also in pubs.

Anyway the best is Torrent, then eDonkey :yes:

Shareaza wins this hands down im afriad.

considering it can connect to G1 network making limewire,imesh,bearshare useless, it can also use ed2k network making emule useless. and having its own network along with bittorrent support means that its the only p2p program u will ever actually need. its the only one i use apart from azureus for torrents as i like to be able to throttle my downloads and uploads sometimes which you cant currently do in shareaza.

[quote name='ScubaSteve' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:51 PM']Shareaza wins this hands down im afriad.

considering it can connect to G1 network making limewire,imesh,bearshare useless, it can also use ed2k network making emule useless. and having its own network along with bittorrent support means that its the only p2p program u will ever actually need. its the only one i use apart from azureus for torrents as i like to be able to throttle my downloads and uploads sometimes which you cant currently do in shareaza.
[right][post="366178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't usually search for old stuff. And since I use mainly torrents and BitComet is an incredibly fast and simple program to use, it doesn't take time to load its GUI and connect to networks that are seemingly useless, and doesn't download 99.9% of time and the 0.00% of the time it does "download" it's less than 1 KB/s. All other time it is just pending! I'm sorry but I prefer to have a 800 MB file done in 1-2 days, not months. Shareaza sucks for me. [b]For me.[/b] If it rulez for you, fine. I don't care. Have fun with it, I use what works for me. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Shareaza 2.2 is almost out, it is posted at their homepage (I followed the development since version 2.0 and it's greatly improved :). (You can also find the latest beta release (2.1.4.0) at their homepage wich is the release candidate for 2.2)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='WildKat' date='Jun 4 2004, 01:48 PM']I use Shareaza and Kazaalite at the moment. Kazaalite music downloads are often corrupt and I havent used Shareaza for long enough to determine whether its good or not.

What is the best P2P software available? Many to choose from (iMesh, Xolox, Limewire etc) but dont want to install them because of adware etc.

;)
[right][post="137913"][/post][/right][/quote]

I use Imesh, i think its good! spyware isnt a problem if u have microsoft antispyware! :thumbup

I wouldent install kaza ever again!!! that was the most horrible 10 minutes of my life! :no: