• eDonkey
    • Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

I'v been using limewire pro for few months now and i can say it's truly best p2p applications for mp3 sharing. Searches are quick and responsive, has some rare music files that are hard to find and the speeds are maxing out. The applications is a bit slow, so is any other java program out there. Maybe they should write it in some faster language such as c. Lastly limewire is the only p2p application i have installed besides bit torrent.

• 2 weeks later...

I personnally use BITTORNADO! The only simple (well i tried 2 before this one)bittorent client. Just click the torrent link and it starts up, very fast downloads. Just wait for the convenient tray icon to turn from gray to white and download is done. Don't forget to stay on longer after file transfert is finished if you want to help share the wealth!

Since I'm very unlucky at finding bittorent files appart from suprnova (I really don't rememeber the url, justdon't put an e to supr) I have been using eDonkey for a long time. It gots lots of good stuff there, like albums in .rar or .zip format, which is so much better then looking for each song (there is so much bands with only 1 hit and an album that sucks a**), but for some people, including me, since version 1.0 was released I'm having serious speed problems, often uploading a full day without downloading a byte, i'm also "lowid"ed even if i done all the steps to resolve this (it occured only after installing v1.0) so if you can find the old 0.53 installer (maybe I should rollback... :w00t: ) DOWNLOAD EDONKEY v0.53b else try v1.0 if it works or wait for an update!

Should I try Shareaza? Well there is a new 2.0 version, and I'm afrait of new things (like I regret trying the new edonkey version...) so anyone know it it's good?

• 2 weeks later...

A magnet is for downloading bittorents i believe. that was what it told me when i put in a bittorrent. (don't pin me on that though)

Using Emule ofcourse :)

Shareaza 2.0

Mostly i use Emule cause i'm very familiar with it, and a lot of good iso's can be found there although lattely a lot of Noob's have found it and the best webpage is down already for so long :realmad: so yeah time to find a better one that the NooB's don't understand :rolleyes:

@ Mr. Spok,

I agree, I love emule, and I have learned to use it very efficiently, but these Noob F**ks ruin everything. First ShareReactor, the Shareconnector, and I have benn tring Filedonkey, even that is down. I hate Noobs. I love Emule, slow but never had a bad download, ever, and have been using it for over a year now, best content on one network I would say, you just need a good indexing site for ed2k links to get the best content out of it, but the searches within the program are good as well.

@ ChunkDog

that's the difficult part of a indexing page. I have run for a long time the www.donkeynl.com page but we have been taken down :realmad:
And sins that a lot of page's have followd cause of the fact that the strait start to come with laywers and stuff.
I can't pay a laywer that's good inof to take it up agains M$ for instance.
So when you want to have a very good index page for ed2k, then you need a few things.
1. A good webhost that have no problem with it.
2. about 20g bandwhite ;)
3. A very good laywer.

The guy who was the webmaster of sharereactor is still having a lot of problems and is still in a battle with court and others :realmad: