• Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

Hello All,

I downloaded emule and when it tries to connect, it says YOU HAVE A LOW ID check ur network/config settings??

What is a low id/??? and where and what to do?

Thanks and regards

take care all,

Mutahir

if you have a router you will need to forward ports:

If no router and you using xp take off the built in xp firewall, also if using norton, zonealarm etc, disable it for emule.

Check out emules site for more help

• 2 weeks later...

I only use 6 programs for all my downloading needs:

IRC (how can you not?)

ReGet Deluxe (best download accelerator in the world for me)

FlashFXP (best FTP program I've found)

NewsBin Pro (best program to find pictures of EVERYTHING)

BitTorrent (great for those obscure things you can't get elsewhere)

eMule Plus! (best place to find those OLD songs that you can't buy anywhere - I have that happen a lot in Australia)

Peer to Peer is when you have data coming from more than one source, if all the data is coming from the same source (a la IRC) it is not true Peer to Peer.

Peer to Peer is when you have data coming from more than one source, if all the data is coming from the same source (a la IRC) it is not true Peer to Peer.

Your right sorry... Here is what I actually meant:

I have written a mIRC script that can download "parts" of a file from different sources via IRC. You specify what file your downloading, who your downloading from (one or more people) and then my script will calculate the file size, split it up and request sections from each of those people.

So yes, IRC itself isn't a true peer-to-peer but with a little help it can be. :)

There is still a few bugs with the script (been getting a lot of corrupt downloads lately) so I haven't published it yet. I might do that one day.

It only suppots XDCC's at the moment. FServes may be a little harder to code into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using Limewire now for about 2 months. Only glitch i can see is if your trying to get a large file (i.e. over 100 meg) it tends to disconnect and be super slow. But strangely enough if you get large files simultaneously it seems to speed up and not drop out. I have seen sustained dl speeds up to 125kb/s. Average is probably closer to 25 or 30 kb/s. I wonder why almost no one has mentioned limewire in this post, complete junk or havent tried it?