• eDonkey
    • Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

well when i used to use windows i think emule,kazza,bittorrent,and limewire pro were the best and i thought Shareaza was the worst but each to their own. Now that im only using my mac now i use IRC and Bittorrent.

BitTorrent all the way, baby. :rolleyes:

Gotta love how you can get whole seasons of TV Shows there. Saves a lot of VHS costs. :D (I know, I could get a DVD Recorder, but hey... CDs aren't too bad either, and with a TV-Out on my PC, it is more than good enough.)

EDIT:

Oh, oh! And you can also get TV-Show which you'd be unable to get otherwise (cause they don't show in your own country for some reason or another..) - but I'm babbling.. this thread isn't about that. :)

Edited by DarkPhoenix

1 part I've to fix

shareaza connects to edonkey network.

also downloads torrent links.

and if a torrent file exist on edonkey/emule networks it downloads

so shareaza all the way.

mp3's are okay. but I hate the fact that it doesn't, most of the time display the bitrates. and these new copyright stuff are annoying :)

ShareAza is the best - stick with it.

Upgrade to v2.0 of it, if you haven't already done so.

It kicks a**, 'cos it supports many P2P networks.

It supports Gnutella 1 & 2, eDonkey2000, BitTorrent, and is also a good download manager (for http/ftp files). And this is just the beginning.

Hello All,

I downloaded emule and when it tries to connect, it says YOU HAVE A LOW ID check ur network/config settings??

What is a low id/??? and where and what to do?

Thanks and regards

take care all,

Mutahir

These P2P programs mentioned before... any spyware associated with them?

i can speak for Shareaza, it doesnt have spyware, not sure about the others cuz i dont use them

search :)

just be careful getting the brand new stuff, or the popular stuff. Especially in the US. I got a letter from my ISP that i violated teh DMCA because I started downloading the Friends Series Finale because I missed. I mean seriously, if it was on TV.....

I'd use Shareaza, but you may want to get a good IP blocker to keep out those naughty people that want money from you...