MSGINA.DLL

Has anyone found that recently their previously modified msgina.dll file has been overwriten? Mine was a bit ago, not sure when, but I just did another install on another computer, say my mod'd logo and then did windows update and its gone, anyone else see this and how can i make it so this doesnt happen again? or do i have to modify it again after doing the updates, no way around that?

You shouldn't modify the msgina.dll because like you said anything can change it. What you should do is name your custom msgina.dll to whatever.dll and add whatever.dll to GinaDLL registry key.

-gosh

• 3 weeks later...
You shouldn't modify the msgina.dll because like you said anything can change it.  What you should do is name your custom msgina.dll to whatever.dll and add whatever.dll to GinaDLL registry key.

-gosh

Where is the "GinaDLL registry key" located? i dont think i dont think i know about that.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"GinaDll"="Your Custom Gina.dll"

Are there other dll's you guys do this with? i've never heard about doing that, and if so, is there a section on unattended.msfn.org that I missed thats about that?

• 6 months later...