unattended Window media player 10 setup?

OK. Now I have a new problem. Using Windows XP SP2 RC2, I get the following error message when I try and install WMP10 via RunOnceEx...
Windows Media Technologies

This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft Web Site.

Anyone have any information on this?

I recieve the same error when installing Winamp 5.03 and my Audigy2 drivers/apps and a few other programs. They all seem to work fine though, so far. Rather irritating though during the installs to close the windows it pops up.

Nothing new. You just need to make sure you have WMP9 installed by default with SP2

OR

You can extract the MP10Setup.exe file and right-click, install the WMP10.inf file and then run setup_wm.exe. I'm pretty sure that works but don't quote me.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news boys, I JUST tested this on 2 September with the new version of MP10 (build 3646) and I got it working with the following:

Using WinRAR 2.8, extract all files to a WMP10 directory on my unattended CD.

Run the following line in my run once batch

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Apps\WMP10\SETUP_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N /P:#e

It works perfectly fine, no problems.

Merry Christmas, hope that helps!!!

you can skip using winRAR and just use

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:\"setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N\"" /f

this is for the RunOnceEX.cmd via cmdlines.txt Unattened install method (the batch method doesn't look nearly as professional) using the final public release.... it's mostly RaveRod's method...

you can skip using winRAR and just use

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Apps\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:\"setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N\"" /f

this is for the RunOnceEX.cmd via cmdlines.txt Unattened install method (the batch method doesn't look nearly as professional) using the final public release.... it's mostly RaveRod's method...

with winrar your source it's smaller about ~1~2mb.

about the problem with wmp10 i've got the same removing wmp9 on sp2 final...

belive it or not, not all computers have a dvd drive, BUT just about all DO have a CD drive and if you are say... installing this on a friends/customers/whoevers computer its nice to know that you don't have to also swap in a dvd drive....