unattended Window media player 10 setup?

I guess adding these lines to the INF file might disable EULA screen. It works with version 9, however.

[DefaultInstall]

AddReg=reg.eula

[reg.eula]

HKLM, "Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences", "AcceptedEULA", 0x00010001, 1

With a reg file, it should be:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]

"AcceptedEULA"=dword:00000001

Well, I added it to my XPCreate setup and it installed it like it would WMP9. I did have to accept the license agreement, but after that it was automatic.

My guess is that since it's still a beta there's little we're going to be able to do. I don't think that there is a switch to install it completely silently like we're looking for, at least not with the beta. I'm sure that the final release will have something, OEM installers are going to expect it.

Knowing the resourcefullness and talent of the people here, if it hasn't been found yet, I don't think a "fix" exists. Just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys give up to easily... To make WMP10 unattended, do the following...

Download WMP10 Beta...

Extract to some folder on your CD...

Add the following to your registry tweaks file (MAKE SURE THIS IS CALLED BEFORE WMP10 SETUP)...

HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup,AllowUnattendedMode,%REG_DWORD%,0x00000001

or, for you registry files...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup]
"AllowUnattendedMode"=dword:00000001

Then, install WMP10 with the following command line:

setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N

Note: This still doesn't work on SP2... I still get the "Windows Logo Certification" error.

It sure is. I found it using RegMon while I tried to install WMP10. It was looking for that value, so I made it, and voila.

Still haven't been able to find the "Windows Logo Certification" one though. :)

Fixed It!!! Don't extract the MP10Setup.exe file. In other words... do the following:

1. Add:

HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup,AllowUnattendedMode,%REG_DWORD%,0x00000001

to your registry edits INF file (for reg file, look above).

2. Add WMP to your batch file by using the following:

MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:"setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N"

Just remember to import the registry edit BEFORE you install WMP10.

@Foxen: Supposed to be like what? I think that above registry key (AllowUnattendedMode) will be in the final. It'll be an OEM registry key I think.

I'll let you know when it's released (as I'm a Microsoft OEM).

OK. Now I have a new problem. Using Windows XP SP2 RC2, I get the following error message when I try and install WMP10 via RunOnceEx...

Windows Media Technologies

This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft Web Site.

Anyone have any information on this?