remember passwords, & stop startup items

mike13

Its me again. Two questions this time, if I may.

1- I used GATOR on my old computer to remember passwords etc. I thought there was a similar feature in Windows XP. I do not like all the garbage that comes with Gator, but I do like the feature of not having to remember all my passwords etc.

2- How do you stop items from loading at startup. I went into System info., Software environment, Startup programs, and saw what was loading, but there was no box to uncheck to stop it from loading, as was in Windows Me. Thanks again, Mike

Its me again. Two questions this time, if I may.

1- I used GATOR on my old computer to remember passwords etc. I thought there was a similar feature in Windows XP.  I do not like all the garbage that comes with Gator, but I do like the feature of not having to remember all my passwords etc.

2- How do you stop items from loading at startup. I went into  System info., Software environment, Startup programs, and saw what was loading, but there was no box to uncheck to stop it from loading, as was in Windows Me.  Thanks again, Mike

Hello :)

1. I am assuming you are using Internet explorer when explaining this.. if you have another browser, just let me know and i'll try to explain for that one also..

To enable this feature, go to Tools > Internet Options > Content Tab > Autocomplete > make sure the box next to "User names and passwords on forms" is checked and you should be set.. from now on Internet explorer should automatically enter that information for you :rolleyes:

2. To stop items from loading at startup in windows xp, you go to Start > Run > type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and go to the startup tab and uncheck what you don't want starting up..

if your OS doesn't have this option (for example, windows 2000 doesn't) you can get a 3rd party program like RegCleaner and set what you want starting when your computer boots ..

I hope that answers your questions ,

Blackwar

I would also use ad-aware from:

http://www.lavasoft.nu/

then i would use a reg cleaner to clear out the start up reg etries just to make sure they never come back

i only have two things on statup and they are both checked :) love tweaking

or just clear out the entries here:

run regedit

go to these keys and clear out entries u dont want:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

later,

will