Longhorn PE

pauledavey

Are you talking about trying to build it with the OPK, or the extracting the setup files of WinPE, I have them from the setup from 4051/4053 so i can check but I doubt it because I had to install optional components to get hta and VBS to work.

I looked into this myself. The intelligence has to be in the version of the MS PE build kit, not with the source OS. Just like the BuildOptionalComponents.vbs file is needed to create the OC/OC2.BAT files needed to register the support files for WSH/HTA/ADO, there must be a file (or a new version of B..O..C.vbs) that creates batch files to register WMI support.

The closest I came was the WBEMOC.INF file. WBEM is the old name for what MS now calls WMI.

; WBEMOC.INF

;

; This is the Setup information file to install WBEM

; as an Optional Component.

This file lists the support files needed, but not the registry stuff that would go along with it, since it says :

[WBEM.AddReg]

; all registry additions are being handled within hivecls.inx, hivesft.inx, and hivesys.inx

And I hadn't gone through the CLASS/SOFTWARE/SYSTEM hive source files to isolate the WBEM-related entries.

-syrynxx

• 2 weeks later...
To get WMI support, you need at least the XP SP2 OPK CD. It has updated tools to build the source for WinPE.

If you have this OPK CD, just add /WMI to the MKIMG command.

We aren't lucky enough to have this CD yet, most of us atleast. We have to wait....