kazaa lite installation

dkreifus

two part answer -

#1 - post in the correct forum - the APPLICATION SWITCHES forum - http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=80

#2 - K-Lite Codec Pack is a good package.

install k-lite codec pack 2.25 on your computer using the command line switch /SAVEINF="install.inf"

and

then when you want to silent install use /SILENT /SP- /LOADINF="install.inf"

Sorry to bump this topic up, but I found out your switches are only 1/2 right. For some reason, when you type /SAVEINF="install.inf", the install.inf file will be saved to the Windows directory automatically. Thus, it's better to provide a full path, like /SAVEINF="C:\install.inf". Similarly, when you use /SILENT /SP- /LOADINF="install.inf", the program expects to find an install.inf file in the Windows directory, if it doesn't, it'll simply execute /SILENT /SP-, without the LOADINF part.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I tried this on Kazaa Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.02, and found it out. Anyway, thanks for the switches :).

ethux - i edited it out the path, thinking it was unneeded and so thanks for the update.

My instructions do say where to save the INF to, and also the install has it as a full path.

creating the INF

install k-lite codec pack 2.25 on your computer

using the command line switch

/SAVEINF="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\install.inf"

how i use the INF

REG ADD %KEY%\115 /V 06 /D "%CDROM%\Software\klcodec225\klcodec225f.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /LOADINF=\"%CDROM%\Software\klcodec225\install.inf\"" /f

Hey, I've been wondering, what is the /SP- switch for? I've managed to make it completely silent, however, it doesn't automatically install the Real and Quicktime plugins for my firefox browser, probably cause it'll require a dialog. I don't mind having a dialog for just a short while, so which is the switch that will allow dialogs when needed?

Edit: Thanks by the way :). Helped a lot!

Edit: Pardon my laziness, I just found out what /SP is for.

/SP- Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup.

Source: http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=111