Reg Tweaks not applying

Hello All!

First off Thanks for a wonderful site & a resources available.

I'm trying to make a xp sp2 cd w/ Apps, Drivers, RegTweaks & Users. There was a problem early in the install process. It told me that it couldn't find a few files. I slipstream the sp2 to the build sucessfully. Now it was missing files??? I'm using sp2 v2096. Later I'd like to add 2135.

Autologon didn't work & adding users didn't work. Then it came up it asked for the admin pw. I entered it in & it installed the apps. I want it to install all the apps & tweaks to the users that I add not the admin acct.

When you have spaces in directory/files names do you have to put a "" in the command for it to work?

I believe that is why Virtual PC failed to install.

My Regtweak.reg file & my services.reg file didn't even get applied. I ran them manual. The services.reg ran fine, but the regtweak.reg file ran fine visually. The stupid Windows tour came up anyways.

Next, I tried to put a default theme. Only the wallpaper works @ the logon screen only. The classic theme is still coming up.

I think that that might be cause I have a $doc directory to a non-existant drive letter. If that all it is then I'm ok. I can fix that.

Attached you'll find my files.

Any help would be appreciated.

rlocone_files.zip

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but your autologon in your winnt.sif may conflict with the one in your useraccounts.cmd. Either remove the one in your winnt.sif, or call useraccounts.cmd in your start.cmd.

Also in your cmdlines.txt, try surrounding the commands in quotes. See if that works.

As for the missing files, are you burning the cd, or using an iso? I've had problems with cdrws doing this, but not the iso.

For the profiles directory, try using the default, or at least moving it to C: (since you don't have a d) to see if it copies the $doc folder over properly.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but your autologon in your winnt.sif may conflict with the one in your useraccounts.cmd.  Either remove the one in your winnt.sif, or call useraccounts.cmd in your start.cmd.

Also in your cmdlines.txt, try surrounding the commands in quotes.  See if that works.

As for the missing files, are you burning the cd, or using an iso?  I've had problems with cdrws doing this, but not the iso.

For the profiles directory, try using the default, or at least moving it to C: (since you don't have a d) to see if it copies the $doc folder over properly.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but your autologon in your winnt.sif may conflict with the one in your useraccounts.cmd.  Either remove the one in your winnt.sif, or call useraccounts.cmd in your start.cmd.
I'll just take out the autologon in the winnt.sif file it's easier to me.
Also in your cmdlines.txt, try surrounding the commands in quotes.  See if that works.

I'll try that before I step out the door and come back to see if it's done in Virtual PC.

I could just make another virtual drive, and format as d:. & see if that works too.

Any other ideas or suggestions.

Thanks again.