file sharing blocked on new computer

I have a small home network with three computers and they are all running XP. The third computer, call it "C," was just added and I can't share files from A to C. The original sharing between A and B works fine, and I can even move files from B to C. Files can move from C to A, but not A to C. the error message is "...not accessable...may not have permission".

Naturally, this is the one link I really care about. I'm using a DLink router and everything else, like Internet connections, work fine. Computer C "sees" the whole net, it just cannot get anything from A. I turned sharing off on A, rebooted, reset the sharing...still no luck.

Any ideas? I've been struggling with this one for a month. TIA

do you have the same user database on each computer?

basically you need the same user names with the same passwords for file sharing to work effectively without a domain.

No, the user names and passwords are different on all of the computers. But I'm not having trouble with the A-B link. Only one way on the A-C link is blocked.

do you have the same user database on each computer?

basically you need the same user names with the same passwords for file sharing to work effectively without a domain.

Edit:

Do what Juno said or make sure that the Guest account is enabled on computer C.

I turned all the guest accounts on, rebooted everything. Still no luck.

Plot thickens however. I can share files from a different drive, just not the one I want. No share on C drive (operating system and My Documents) no share on D drive (pictures and data I want to move around) and YES sharing works on E (a RAID array I'm experimenting with).

So it isn't the whole computer, just the C and D drives. And, as I said, only in the direction of computer A to C.

When I mentally run all the combinations that you give, it seems almost impossible that it does not work with the guest accounts enabled. Remove and remake the shares on computer C

Also run this registry edit on computer C

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Lsa\]
"limitblankpassworduse"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Lsa]
"forceguest"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Lsa]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Lsa]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]

And for good measure, create the ID from computer A on computer C

Edit:

Do you have any type of firewall running on computer C ?

If it still does not work, we'll cheat next.

OK, (after a Memorial Day interuption) I set all the computers to have the same user account name and passwords, turned on the guest accounts, edited the reg files (only a couple were set with a "1," where you specified a "0"), rebooted, unshared everything on A, rebooted, shared everything on A again...

There were some weird problems with the sharing controls at the drive name level, but I kept messing around, then I shared the main folders in the drive roots, tried again and IT IS WORKING. All directions, all computers.

Thanks, BeenThereB4 and Jono. Couldn't have done it without you. I try to keep it real simple, but Windows just makes it tough to do.

==============

Now I need the XP forum for a problem with the Power Settings. Then everything will be perfect again (yeah, right!).