Vmware or Virtual PC

vmware all the way, i was dedicated to virtual pc for a long time and then i spent a afternoon working on a laptop which only had vmware i got a saved image on that, i installed vmware on my desktop to finish testing something on the image and found it a lot quicker than virtual pc so i never went back really.

I have to disagree with all of the above, I find VMware to be a bit "clunky" when it comes to handleing whole operating systems, even the new version 4.51, If you are just trying to bootup the CD and see if it works then that is cool, but if you are trying to use it as an actual OS then I say VPC2004 or VS2005, also with VMware's support for Longhorn being very "experimental" I really have no use for it, as where if I tell VPC that Longhorn is XP it boots in about 1/4 of the time against VMware. Just my $.02

I just got a my copy of VPC a couple days ago. I've been using VMware for a while. I can say that VPC runs fast in the bios, and of dos, but running windows is definately a lot slower. When it comes to windows, I recommend VMware all the way.

I still have yet to check linux on VPC, so I can't comment on that.

VPC does have some features I like, that aren't in VMware, but I will keep testing VPC some more, to see if I would switch permantly, but as of now, I won't.

VirtualPC.

Why? VMWare attacks your OS and integrates itself everywhere. Who said I wanted 3 new "virtual" network cards installed? Why is it running 3 processes when the program isn't even open? Why does it have to mess with internal settings?