UT2004 on 1 DVD

grandam_99

Yes, it should be. The DVD contains 6 dirs with the names "CD1, CD2" etc. with the contenst of the CDs and an installer exe at the root of the CD.

I don't know if its gonna work, but heres the setup exe.

PS: The root also contains a file called "linux-installer.sh", which is 28MB. That might be on CD1, but I doubt that its necesary for a windows install ...

Setup.zip

how does setup know to go to folder cd1 then cd2 etc...

That setup file is taken from my Special edition DVD, which, from birth is intended to seek in those folders.

Its just plain luck that the DVD structure is so "simple" ... Or maybe they asumed that people would try and make quick-install DVDs?

hello

yes its possible to copy the contents of the cd's to the dvd that's a very easy step. usually there are files like layout.bin they contain the info about the files.

most often when its an installshield installer they will have data1.cab data2.cab etc. they can be put on the same dvd without a problem, others should work too!

here's the problem COPY PROTECTION. now u will be able to install the game from the dvd u just created but will not be able to play it! it will keep asking for the cd....

here's the problem COPY PROTECTION. now u will be able to install the game from the dvd u just created but will not be able to play it! it will keep asking for the cd....

The newest 3204 patch apparently removes the CD check

that's wierd, why would they first put a cd check then remove it???

but if that's correct its goood!

I don't know why, but they have done it after a while with both the original UT, UT2003 and now UT2004 ...

where can I get all the info on this.... I got in to a problem last night I was copying my splinter cell cdès to dvd and the it asked me if i wanted to overwrite some files can it be done and also if i would just copy them ex:folder cd1 , folder cd2 ect...and put the setup and the root ...........what else would have to be done

that's wierd, why would they first put a cd check then remove it???

but if that's correct its goood!

They tend to remove the CD checks after the initial sales run is complete. Most people who wanted the game now have it, and the CD/DVD protection is known to cause problems for some customers.

XtremeMac What I done last night is copy both cd's (Pandora Tommorow) to my hd and then copied them to a DVD it gives me a weird error I don't have it here with me but it would not install I put it in my second system wich it is installed on and plays fine ...

I know it is late on this topic, but I am running a LAN party this weekend... and I had to install UT2004 on 5 machines and I didn't want to move 6 CDs back and forth. The only thing I wanted to do was type in the unique key from all 5 cases.

So on my game server, I copied each CD to a subfolder within my root UT Share (CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4, CD5, CD6). I then ran setup.exe from the CD1 folder. With ZERO changes to any file or folder, the setup went throught the entire set without prompting for a CD.

It was a nice suprise!

Just burn that set to a DVD and you should be set.

I have the 6cd version of the game as well. all you have to do is copy all the contents of the cd's to a folder on your HD. Overwrite whatever comes up and then burn that folder to the dvd. You will then have it on the DVD it will install just fine. Now if only there was a way to slipstream the patch onto the DVD as well. That would be cool. Or recreate the copy protection onto the dvd.....