Arrange By ...

CuBie

Hi all, in XP, whenever you have a bunch of mp3's or avi's in a folder and you goto the arrange by menu you get extra options like "By Artist" and stuff.. The thing is when it adds these Extra "Arrange By" things, it removes "Arrange By Modified".. So does anybody know how to turn these off so it stops adding these extra arrange by things?

Its soo annoying when i download music and i cant arrange it by date!

Thanks!

Chris!

Right-click on the arrange things (like Name, Date Modified, etc...) on top and select how you want them listed... :)

The 'arrange icons by modified' option isn't available in Music Folders.

CuBie: The only thing I can suggest is right clicking on the folder in question, select properties, go to the customize tab. At the top under 'What type of folder do you want?' select 'Documents' from the drop-down list.

This won't work for the 'My Music' folder, however. No customize tab is available for this folder. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

To choose the options you can arrange by, open the folder and click the View menu, click Choose Details..., Check the options you want to sort by and click OK. Now, when you arrange the files, the options you selected will be visible and you can sort by them :)

Right-click on the arrange things (like Name, Date Modified, etc...) on top and select how you want them listed... :)

The 'arrange icons by modified' option isn't available in Music Folders.

CuBie: The only thing I can suggest is right clicking on the folder in question, select properties, go to the customize tab. At the top under 'What type of folder do you want?' select 'Documents' from the drop-down list.

This won't work for the 'My Music' folder, however. No customize tab is available for this folder. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

Ahh, i was just reading the posts again, and this is EXACTLY what i wanted

Thank YOU very much!

Chris.

Edit

Is there a way to make ALL folders DEFAULT to 'Documents' with a registry tweak or somthing?

Chris.

To choose the options you can arrange by, open the folder and click the View menu, click Choose Details..., Check the options you want to sort by and click OK. Now, when you arrange the files, the options you selected will be visible and you can sort by them  :)

Actually, Idea Man's suggestion was the best. It will work for any folder in any view mode.