Modem installer faliure?

joesu

Did anyone see this problem?

During Windows XP setup, the program pop-up a dialog says "The modem installer activation was failed, please contact your manufacturer"

I use Windows XP traditional chinese version with all hotfix listed in "current hotfixs"

Welcome, joesu, to XPCREATE!

Sorry, I have neither seen nor heard that one before. Your log files look just fine. I'm afraid the only advice I have is trial and error to determine which of the hotfixes/updates may be causing this. If you do find the answer, please share it!

• 4 weeks later...

Actually...I'm seeing this now :) I have two different xpcreate setups, one full unattended and one partial unattended (used xpdeploytools to create a UnattendMode=DefaultHide install type and it's the one having the problem). Both sets of files have the same exact hotfixes so I'm guessing it has to be something with the WINNT.SIF since that's pretty much the only thing that's different, I've tried it with and without the following lines with same result:

[TapiLocation]

Dialing=Tone

Any ideas would help. Using English XP Pro and Virtual PC 2004 for testing.

I haven't tried real hardware yet, no modem configured on the virtual, I have two separate virtual setups, I could try running it on the one I know doesn't have the problem and see if it's a virtual pc config error. I'm sure it's not xpcreate related, I'm guessing virtual pc or WINNT.SIF at this point.