Editing Desktop/Startmenu shortcuts

ramian

Hi,

I'm trying to personalize a copy of XPE which I downloaded. I want to change the shortcuts which appear on the desktop and the startmenu once XPE starts up. In the system32 folder there is an autorun file which copies the Documents and Settings from the CD to the RAM drive created upon boot. I thought the shortcuts would there but the Documents and Settings and all its subfolders are all empty. So, to add my own shortcuts and get rid of the existing ones, I've created a cmd file. But I'd rather fix the problem at its root. How do I add/remove shortcuts which are seen on the desktop and startmenu once XPE starts up.

Thanks.

cheers!

Hi,

I'm trying to personalize a copy of XPE which I downloaded. I want to change the shortcuts which appear on the desktop and the startmenu once XPE starts up. In the system32 folder there is an autorun file which copies the Documents and Settings from the CD to the RAM drive created upon boot. I thought the shortcuts would there but the Documents and Settings and all its subfolders are all empty. So, to add my own shortcuts and get rid of the existing ones, I've created a cmd file. But I'd rather fix the problem at its root. How do I add/remove shortcuts which are seen on the desktop and startmenu once XPE starts up.

Thanks.

cheers!

Icons like the ones of 'This computer' and 'Networklocation' are included in explorer.exe. I guess you'd have to hack this to 'insert' it in Windows as_clean_as_possible.

And what is 'XPE'?? Windows XP Embedded?

While I'm here asking questions, how do I change what starts up when XPE boots?

like, which cmd file it accesses.

thx

What do you exactly mean by this? Plz explain to me.

Thanks for your replies...

Anyway, I just figured it out for myself. I had to load the registry hive and change the settings under HKLM-Sherpya-XPEinit.

thanks anyway.

cheers!