My favorite browser is...

xper

• 2 weeks later...

I use Opera 7.54. I hope someday Nuhi, the developer of nLite, figured out how to _completely_ disintegrate IE from XP because it [b]S-U-C-K-S![/b].

There are only two things I don't like about Opera.

1. For example, when I am refreshing these forum pages and sometimes the last few tiny images fail to load and the progress bar stays active and the images simply sit unloaded with the bracket-text. How to fix this?

2. When a site of images is loading and I click an image and suddenly the rest of the site stops loading to load the newly clicked on image. How to fix this?

Other than that, NO Spyware, NO Pop-Ups. I use Admuncher to take care of Ads too. So even less junk on the page. :thumbup

Ok, name anything firefox is missing then.

Also, look at the extensions. There's nothing I can think of that it cannot do. If you mean opera's mouse gestures, there's a plugin for that too... Once you try most nice plugins for firefox (there's lots of them), then opera feels featureless ;)

[quote name='crahak' date='Oct 17 2004, 03:28 PM']Ok, name anything firefox is missing then.

Also, look at the extensions. There's nothing I can think of that it cannot do. If you mean opera's mouse gestures, there's a plugin for that too... Once you try most nice plugins for firefox (there's lots of them), then opera feels featureless ;)[/quote]
Actually, I don't use the mouse "gestures" (have it disabled in options), but there is a mouse function that I use that I miss in FireFox. Hold down the right mouse button and left click to go back a page, visa versa to go forward a page. Opera will also forward you to another forum topic if a newer one exists just by going forward a page (also works for web-based mail). As for extensions, they're nice but with Opera it's ready to go out of the box. I don't have to download any 3rd party stuff to get it running like I like it. Running Opera 7.60 Preview 1 here and I love it. I've completely replaced 7.54 as I haven't found any issues with 7.6 that would make me need to revert. Been using Opera since v6 and I'm a proud registered owner (registering gets rid of that annoying ad banner :) ).

One other nice thing about Opera is, that while it has a seperate address bar for searching Google and the like, you don't need it. Unlike FireFox, you can simply time in the address bar: [b]g <search phrase here>[/b] and it will search Google for whatever search phrase you entered and bring up the results. I tried that in FireFox and it tried sending me to various different websites. No clue why. Unless it was searching with the "I feel lucky" search option and sending me to the first page found (which is rather annoying). My 2 cents worth.

P.S.
Oh yeah, and Opera is a whole 1MB smaller download than FireFox ;)

[quote name='Jito463' date='Oct 17 2004, 08:21 PM']but there is a mouse function that I use that I miss in FireFox.  Hold down the right mouse button and left click to go back a page, visa versa to go forward a page.  Opera will also forward you to another forum topic if a newer one exists just by going forward a page[/quote]
Uhm, FireFox does this.
And about the page forwarding, FireFox does this also.

• 4 weeks later...

Has o be Fireox 1.0 for! I just started using it. Believe it or not IE uses less memory (RAM) than FF when they both start up on the same page. Bu the more you browse IE get bigger than FF. Werid! One thing I like about FF is the RSS Feeds. SIK! :D

[quote name='sonu27' date='Nov 13 2004, 06:38 PM']Has o be Fireox 1.0 for! I just started using it. Believe it or not IE uses less memory (RAM) than FF when they both start up on the same page. Bu the more you browse IE get bigger than FF. Werid! One thing I like about FF is the RSS Feeds. SIK!  :D[/quote]
really LoL! FF uses more memory than IE this is true. what is the difference?
difference is that i'm currently running FF with 14 tabs opened (14 pages including 1 hotmail) that is a total amount of 36mb of resources. at the same time i'm running [b]1[/b] process of IE only with hotmail tab loaded and is 20mb of resources. you can just multiply how many processes of IE need to be loaded and how many amount of memory can take. about maxton, is a simple front-end or interface to display IE on the same page but different tabs so it takes more or less the same resources as IE multiple processes.

i can agree with people between opera and firefox, although the last one is free but i can't agree with "use IE because is more secure", "use IE because it has more features" or my favorite last read "use IE because FF is UGLY (?!)"

Just switched to Firefox, tweaked, and love. Never going back to IE except when I want to manually check for Windows Updates.

Btw, [url="http://cdn.mozdev.org/chromedit/"]Chromedit[/url] is really great for tweaking Firefox. :D