My favorite browser is...

xper

Firefox is the biggest critical update you can download

I would have never belived you until itried it, and all i can say is that Firefox is IE made by someoneelse..... the main reason i use firefox is because of Spyware..... WIth IE i would just look at my pc from across the room and BAMMMMM!!!!! some weird toolbar app would install. Since ive installed firefox NOThING!!!! :D:rolleyes::)

i have been using opera 7.5 for a long time now, and haven't really had any problems. i increase the memory cache upon each install and it helps a bunch. also some of the skins are ok. i have tried using mozilla but do not like the way the windows pop up & go away. there are still some things that opera has problems w/ like the javascripts but there is alway IE if i need it which isn't very much.

i have recently started using firefox as well, i would recommended it too.

Edited by diesel_98a

C'mon, peeps! You gots to be using the one 'n' only lynx! King of the browers, aight? :)

Okay, I'm kidding. I don't use lynx. I use firefox, but I wish it used less resources. I have an antiquated ThinkPad, and firefox drags on it. :rolleyes:

I think its funny that this site is called Microsoft Software Forum Network and most people voting so far aren't using Microsoft browser software. Its hilarious!

It's not! (or maybe you want to describe it as a tragi-comedy).

Browser tying into the OS at system-level (as IE does) can create plenty of problems as MS has found out, and still is. With WS2k3, they have taken a step in the right direction - by de-linking it (and IIS 6 server) from privileged levels and the general UI shell.

@Drewdatrip

FYKI, Firefox is more compatible than IE. As for the few sites which seem "IE-only" it's their problem and loss, not of firefox (in any case, change firefox's browser identification string to 'Win32/IE 6' and even those sites become available).

What's more, take a few minutes to configure firefox - and enjoy more functionality and other benefits than IE.

@b0gus b0b

I use firefox, but I wish it used less resources. I have an antiquated ThinkPad, and firefox drags on it.
Sadly, you're right. But there are ways and means!!!

Use tools to speed up firefox and reduce its memory usage (just google for it). You'll find firefox is actually faster than any other browser available (even on a 32 MB, 233 MHz machine).

Avant for me. It uses IE as its base but inclides loads of usefull functions including popup blocker, several options for controling, opening and closing active windows (close all but current etc), Hundreds of skins avaliable on web site, clear history, cashe, cookies on shutdon and most important of all it's constently being improved with regular updated.

I used Opera for a while but it didnt have the same functionality as Avant, and i recently looked at Firefox. This is a good browser and i like the idea of adding and creating extensions, but again it doesn't live up to Avant.

As Avant hasn't been mentioned yet, heres a link:

Avant Browser

happy browsing :)