The Best Processor For A Gamer...

Blam-O!

From Your Experience, Whats The Best...  

147 members have voted

1. 1. From Your Experience, Whats The Best...

• Pentium 3, 800mhz ~ & Up; 100~133mhz FSB
    • Celeron 4, 2.0ghz; 400mhz FSB, 128 L2 Cache
    • Pentium 4, 2.0~2.4ghz; 400mhz FSB, 256~512 L2 Cache
    • Pentium 4, 2.4~2.8ghz; 533mhz FSB, 512 L2 Cache
    • Pentium 4, 2.8~3.2ghz; 800mhz FSB, 512 L2 Cache
    • Pentium 4, 2.8~3.2ghz; 800mhz FSB, 1mb L2 Cache
    • Pentium 4 Extreme, 3.0~3.4ghz; 800mhz FSB, 2MB L3 Cache
    • AMD Athlon XP 1800, 266mhz FSB
    • AMD Athlon XP 2200, 266~333mhz FSB
    • AMD Athlon XP 2500, 333mhz FSB
    • AMD Athlon XP 3200, 400mhz FSB
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • It Doesn't Matter, There All The Same. :wacko:
    • I'am Dazed and Confused... :blushing:

OK, here it goes The next WAR...

Please vote for the Processor you think is the best for Gaming From Experience, Not Talk!

This includes the cost of the product, because that is important too. LOL :D

Please Read All Choices Carefully Before Voting... Thanks :rolleyes:

If you don't know the specs of your Processor try to find out first :) lol

hmm.. well i've come to a conclusion if you have a decent amount of ram and graphic card to go with is would be an AMD Athlon 2200+ and above.. especially if you have about 1gb of ram and a ATI Radeon 9800 :)

hmm.. well i've come to a conclusion if you have a decent amount of ram and graphic card to go with is would be an AMD Athlon 2200+ and above.. especially if you have about 1gb of ram and a ATI Radeon 9800 :)

hmm, Very true.

agreed with TechZ

those new cards have already beaten the other ones

btw alienware is coming up with dual channel video pci-x thingy

heh what an explanation, they're going to use 2 pci-x slots for graphics, both graphics card will be the same and be working at the same time!!! with intel mb.

I'd go with p4 3.4 Xtreme Edition :) but thats me 2.5mb cache!!! 1-2gb ram

heh what an explanation, they're going to use 2 pci-x slots for graphics, both graphics card will be the same and be working at the same time!!! with intel mb.

you could do that wiht normal PCI card's age's ago rich people used to buy 2x voodoo card's and link them with an sli cable.

so its not really something new and innovative just something that has not been possible while GFX card's have been using AGP slot's of which mobo's only have one

i know were starting to go off topic a little, so I will just continue it anyway :)

Anyone know about the new Nvidia 6850 ultra comming out (ETA 30 days)? At a retail price of $499.99, they say it will blow away any other video card on the current market with a wopping power hungry 125 watts of dedicated juice just to run the beast!! that's another power supply acording to Nvidia's (WebSite).

but for the money id still have to say the ATI 9800 pro still peforms very well, and only costing you $249.99.

you could do that wiht normal PCI card's age's ago rich people used to buy 2x voodoo card's and link them with an sli cable.

so its not really something new and innovative just something that has not been possible while GFX card's have been using AGP slot's of which mobo's only have one

yes I know but as u might also know the pci cards are very slow. therefore since the agp came out i don't think anyone has been using the combine the two graphics card method. Therefore I just mentioned that it will once again be avaliable.!

as for the $499 cards. my max budget for a graphics card will me $200.

$500 I could buy billions of other things :)

I'm happy with my Intel P4 2.8GHZ (overclocked to 3.2ghz) 1Gig RAM

with a cheap MSI GEFORCE FX 5600XT it runs all the games I like.

I invested in a watercooling system instead off buying a 500$ GPU, I prefer less noise then more noise and better graphics.

To buy cheaper I go to Germany. It's a day trip but if I buy enough I save 150$! :D

And in Germany I can drive fast :) we can't do it in Belgium anymore :rolleyes: stupid cops

I hope I didn't offend any cop here :D

my gainward ti4600 cost me $300, never again, vga cards are getting just too expensive, sadly my fav vga company 3dfx fell because of this and now thankfully ati and nvidia are meeting on how to slowdown the current pace of development to keep costs down

Stick with Northwoods. Prescotts run freaking hot and there is little performance gain.

Right now - best bang for the buck is the Northwood P4 2.8. Best video card is the Radeon x800 pro... but if you want cheap, I would go with the 9600 XT. I prefer ATI, but that is only because I have had awesome support from them. I'm biased. :)

Please remember that this would only apply if the processor were the only remaining bottleneck on your computer.

A system with a crappy video card wont play ANYTHING well, regardless of the CPU.

it WILL play, but it'll look like crap :)

I'd go for a athlon64 3Ghz, they are getting affordable and along with a 9800pro you can't go wrong. If you just wait a bit, the price of those cards will drop well enough...

Athlon 64 also runs cooler then it's Athlon/Pentium equivalent. The performance gain between a 64 and a 64 fx is next to nothing compared to the extra bucks you put in it. This will be my next config after I get my money from my vacation job :rolleyes:. And then it'll be put into extra ram.