How to skip the windows welcome after inst.

I'm not sure I understand.

I don't need any users. Just work on adm. account.

I will add users after inst.

So I just need to skip the win welcome where it asks for connection to internet, reg. by microsoft and add users.

@ koden

i'm like u i saw your message & when i read it i saw DarkBringer's message and i'm like u i can't find this *.txt files in the original Win_XP cd or in an win_xp auto cd

i'll make some search tell u when i find something :rolleyes:

see u :)

:D

that's right i've just looked in my auto install cd & it's this solutiion the best and the good one

ps= just if u didn't know if u need more space on your WINXP cd u can delete the LANG folders i tried one time & it worked :rolleyes: so if u need more sapce to include more software to your autoinstall u can because lang is a 100 MO folder if i remember . don't worry u'll see any difference believe me

see u :):D

if i remamber LANG is not utile i'm french and i use french language and i trough out the LANG folder & my computer is in french & after my boss tooke the same cd and install winXP in english ( LANG still not on cd )

so don't worry LANG is not important for normal or advance user don't worry

:):rolleyes::D:D

see ya

if u use VMWARE try with removing all LANG folder like i did and if i'm in true u'll be able to select during installation the danish language ( so try because i never play with danish windows lol )

try with a virtual machine u ' ll see but should be ok

keep in on the way of the result or send me a message ok ???

:):rolleyes:

i was wondering, is putting this

[GuiUnattended]

OemSkipWelcome=1

in my .sif file same as a registry tweak? ie. if i use this, will it auto log on admin account every time i restart?

if i remember NO it'll just skip welcome screen during the auto install during the 2 times u 'll have to rebbot when u autoinstall HotFix and mdac etc ......

do u understand me ??? (because sometimes i really bad to explain something lol )

:rolleyes::)

if i remember NO it'll just skip welcome screen during the auto install during the 2 times u 'll have to rebbot when u autoinstall HotFix and mdac etc ......

do u understand me ??? (because sometimes i really bad to explain something lol )

lol yes i understood, thanks :)

ps- do u know the reg keys i can put in my regtweaks.reg file 2 auto login 2 admin account?

Koden you need to have cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]

"useraccounts.cmd"

save this as cmdlines.txt and put it in $OEM$ folder

than :

net user Admin /add

net localgroup Administrators Admin /add

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

REGEDIT /S autologon.reg

EXIT

save this as useraccounts.cmd

and:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="Admin"

"DefaultPassword"=""

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

save this as autologon.reg

this 3 files must be in $OEM$ this logs you on as admin so you can change admin lines with your desired name

hmmmm intersting i never did that before :rolleyes: i should make a try on a Virtual machine.

@ myfranco

maybe u right but i never did that and there is no use to do that because for the admin password etc ..... all it 's in an other file but i can't remamber where but i swear i never make a cmdlines.txt lol

see u :D:)