cheaper ram coming our way!!

FthrJACK

from CNBC: Micron MISSED earnings estimates, profits are down, pricing fell apart, inventories are WORSE than last quarter (meaning, that they have TOO Much inventory) - what does this mean for us?

CHEAPER PRICES!!! SALES!!! DEALS!!! MORE RAM!!!

i just bought mine, 2 X 256mb pc2700

i wont post how much it cost, its crucial ram, go find out for yourselves, my wallet took a right slap from it. cost more than my pc case dammit!

that is good news...right now i am packed with 3 x 512 pc133 on my asus a7v, but i am planing on going up to a kt333 board so i will have to switch to DDR...with this news i will wait to see where the prices go. anybody want to recommend a board. i prefer asus or soyo...what do you think?

that is good news...right now i am packed with 3 x 512 pc133 on my asus a7v, but i am planing on going up to a kt333 board so i will have to switch to DDR...with this news i will wait to see where the prices go. anybody want to recommend a board. i prefer asus or soyo...what do you think?

well in my opinion , any amount of ram over 512 is mostly useless if u dont do heavy tasks.. so i won't buy that much, but i will definitely upgrade to at least 512 :)

Blackwar

yep over 512 is useless like blackwar said

Also the reason ram is gona be coming down is there being investegated by DOJ because they lied on there books. Also samsung is having trouble so there ram will be droping to. Was on techtv the other day.

-Xperties

DOJ investigating RAM? :)

Are RAM chips doing something illegal? a monopoly?

Or are you mistaking the whole thing and actually meant the DOJ investigating Microsoft? :rolleyes:

i find it odd how micron have to much inventory but i know people that have ordered crucial ram and the pcp has had samsung memory chips on it :S

maybe micron/crucial and samung are playing monopoly

rstryker, last i checked soyo dont have a kt333 board out, unless they have a new one out.

the fastest boards with kt333 chipsets out at the moment are ABIT (fastest one) and MSI Kt3 Ultra ARU (my mobo)

the MSI board isnt quite as fast (not that you would notice) but has RAID unlike the ABIT one, i plan to add raid to here eventually for more speed so i got this one, theres a huge thread on mobo recomends here:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t...be085a0971d457b

and here is usefull:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?s=7455f5b138...&st=0#entry9424

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) Cheap RAM, god i love the stuff!! Got to upgrade other comp to 512mb SDRAM make XP Pro on that run faster!! Weeeeeeeeee, i been waiting for this day :rolleyes:

And Samsung struggling, even better!! I can get my new monitor, instead of paying £400 quid for it :D <-- No way am i paying that, lol.

Yep, over 512mb (especially DDR) is enough, thats what i got and it runs very smooth, smooth as silk actually :D

rstryker, last i checked soyo dont have a kt333 board out, unless they have a new one out.

the fastest boards with kt333 chipsets out at the moment are ABIT (fastest one) and MSI Kt3 Ultra ARU (my mobo)

the MSI board isnt quite as fast (not that you would notice) but has RAID unlike the ABIT one, i plan to add raid to here eventually for more speed so i got this one, theres a huge thread on mobo recomends here:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t...be085a0971d457b

and here is usefull:

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?s=7455f5b138...&st=0#entry9424

thanks for the info...