Nortons AV 2004 turns unattended install into a sl

G'day all..

Firstly , I have to say , this is by far the most informative of any XP site I have come across. The wealth of info in here is astounding . To all those here whose input has helped me produce a fully unattended XP with drivers and apps, I thank you .

I have one question regarding NAV2004.

The main OS installs unattended perfectly ( using virtual pc2004 ) as do the drivers and apps , BUT , as soon as NAV is installed , the whole thing turns to s*** and runs slower than my grandma in a 100m sprint.

The other apps do install eventually and the OS boots up , but NAV is still running in the background slowing the OS in normal running mode.

Has anyone encountered this or is it just a side effect of doing the trial install on virtualpc ?

Should NAV be installed last on the list seeing as this is the case ?

My system is a 3Ghz P4 with 2 gig of ram and i've given virtual pc 800 meg , so I can't see why the whole thing is stuffed . My batch file may be missing something , but if it is , I dunno what ( attached )

Any help greatly appreciated .

Cheers

Jake :)

batch_file.cmd

Are you sure it's not just running Live Update or something? Mine sat on my custom install of NAV Corporate for a while, until I noticed the lights on the switch flashing away with activity between this PC and the router, so I assumed it was doing some sort of software update (Def'ns are off server BTW, so not that), so that might just be the problem. I can remember NAV 2004 doing that when I used to logon as well, though not during setup, but probably because I didn't have the network settings fully working back then.

rusty

The router activity light on the WAN port wasn't flashing like it normally does on a download and I put the latest definitions in with the install , so there was only around 2 meg worth of files to update ( core program updates ) and my cable connection usually does that in under 20 seconds.

For the life of me , I have no idea why its doing what its doing.

cheers

Jake