Problems during installation

greetings,

i have a strange problem with my installtion. The problem is that when i install win xp and the installation gets to the point "registering components" it just stops and won't continue. I dont understand whats wrong. It must be something wrong with my components but i dont get what it is. :) here are my components :

[Components]
   msmsgs=off
   msnexplr=off
   freecell=off
   hearts=off
   minesweeper=off
   pinball=off
   solitaire=off
   spider=off
   zonegames=off
   Fax=off
   Clipbook=Off
   autoupdate=off
   mswordpad=off
   paint=off
   NetMtg = Off
   MovieMk = Off

i am not 100% sure but the registering components is where the svcpack and cdmline is executed, maybe you have added all hotfixes and Directx etc to your cd and it takes just a freaking long time to install all of those patches....

I know that some pc's took like 45 mins to pass the 13 min phase of the xp setup, typacally its like 15 mins. I also had pcs that only took like 10 mins but also one that took the half day.

If you're sure its not caused by that, make sure that the pc doesn't hang (move the mouse and see the courser moving). and if nothing helps, try an unmodded xp version, if that works you gotta change something in your mod. if that does the same the problem is caused by something else (Hardware problem maybe)

no, i've checked that out my computer is working just fine. The thing is that my installation worked good til i added the last lines about movie maker, wordpad, and netmeeting ...and i don't understand why..i'll try to remove them now and se if it's really them that's causing the problem. I found that i had made som spaces between the quotes on the components so i thought that it was the problem but it still remained. so now i'll try removing wordpad, movie maker and netmeeting and se what will happen. thx for your reply anyway..got any ideas what could have interfare with these components? could that possible been the problem? :)

Remove those two lines:

NetMtg = Off

MovieMk = Off

i wasn't able to find any reference to thoses components, the others i was able to find. And i don't think it was caused by the spaces, but i had the problem, that i left a blank line in the TXTSETUP.SIF and setup asked me to insert the Windows cd after the Press F2 for system restore....