video game console

rkarthea

i like your comments zprog :)

i can add a few more points of interest

- Xbox graphically is capable of long, indepth games that ps2 could only wish for

- Able to dump songs on your xbox hdd for those games that allow custom soundtracks

- Very quick loading times all round

But in saying that, Xbox wasnt made when ps2 was, so i guess the ps3 will blow xbox out of the water.. thats when xbox2 will do the same :rolleyes:

If you are going to be so offensive, then neither is "Tokugawapants".

I was just saying what I know. I am not criticizing either system, smarty pants.

I'm not trying to be mean to anybody. I guess I came off a little rude didn't I? Oh well. I'm just putting out what information I have. No hard feelings :) .

And yes, my pants are smart.

id say go with the ps2 it will stay king mainly because of its controller, the x box controller lacks the style of the ps2 controller and besides xbox naaaa soon that will be surpassed just like the ps2 by the future ps3, but over all id say xbox has some nice quality games and so does the ps2 just ps2 gives you the ability to play more games and with the new massiah chip, you can easily dub any game to play with the ps2,

I know Gamecube is probably not an option, but it deserves a mention, I have one and love the Nintendo games on it: Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. Its not all about quantity, a fine quality selection from only a few games is better imo.

Its not mainstream anymore and hasn't got much life left, but if you can pick one up cheap, then im sure youll love the Nintendo games.

But San Andreas wont be on it! :) back to my ps2 for that!

Your choice of platforms basically boils down to personal preference. For me its been Xbox all they way. I have never been impressed with a console system that Sony has produced. I hated the chopy/pixelated graphics in PS1 and though that the graphics power of PS2 lacked as well. If you ever get a chance to compare Xbox/PS2 side to side, do it. My roomate had a TV that was by far superior to mine, yet the graphics on the Xbox (and my crappy TV) still looked more impressive. Graphically Xbox is far more powerful and the games play much smoother. Another factor that I look at is load/save time. I cannot stand how much longer PS2 takes. For me, it really distracts from the experience of the games. You play a level and are sucked into the environment that it creates, then you die and PS2 take forever to reload.

Here is my two cents about game selection: PS2 loyalists have been re-hashing this whole game selection argument since the Xbox hit the stores. The fact of the matter is that you don't recognize the Xbox game because its not Crash Bandicoot #274 (or {insert title here} version 4). There are a ton of original titles for the Xbox that will keep you more than entertained. The games are definately high quality, fun and entertaining. IMO the game/quality ration is much higher than PS2.

Here is my four cents about the controller: I had to admit it. I was a huge fan of the PS controller because of the L & R buttons, especially after playing the gigantic bulky controllers that originally shipped with Xbox. That was about the worst marketing mistake Xbox could have made. Then, with the introduction of the controller S (which is now standard with new systems) I was hooked. Microsoft got it right. They are smaller, more compact, and very comfortable in your hand. I also think that Xbox games utilize the dual analog stick much more efficiently than PS2 games do.

The hard drive is another huge bonus for the Xbox. There are so many games out where you have to listen to the same repetitve music over and over. Most song that I can't stand anyways. The ability to rip music to the HD and integrate that into the games is great. Besides you never run out of storage space for saved games.

Final Though:

Do your research and see which feature are more appealing to you. My choice... Xbox hands down.