error with office 2k3

i have made a silent install disk and works great with all the help from posts that i have read through in this forum all except one i am haveing problems with the office 2k3 installation it keeps coming up with cannot find " cc561401.cab " and i keep haveing to tell it where it is on the disc as it does not copy the file over to the hdd with the rest of the files in the "oem " folder . Any help would be much appreciated here .

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i have that same problem, i even went to the extent of puting that file in all the office folders, but that didnt help, tried propertires to check what it said and nothing was checked marked, and it still makes me point to it, what else is there to do?????????

i got it fixed i did a admin install then used those files works nice now

Sorry but I dont know what you mean.

Did a admin install? When I logon I AM a administrator Or not what you mean?

I have checked that link over and over again. And I still dont get help with my problem....

The only thing I can think about if you mean this:

First, we'll need to create an Administrative Installation Point so we can be able to slipstream the updates into Office 2003. This only has to be done once, and updates can still be slipstreamed to an existing Administrative Installation Point at a later date.

Is that what you mean about a 'admin install' ?

• 3 months later...
I am having a similar problem, I have an unattended XP build and am calling the Office setup from GUIRunOnce - the source files are located in $oem$/$1/Office11, the install starts but then halts looking for the CC561401.CAB, further investigation reveals that the file has corrupted, if I look on the server where it is pulling the source from it is ok, shows a file inside, if I look on the machine in the C:\Office11 folder for the same CAB it is empty and a different file size, this happens all the time and not just on that file.

I do not want an admin install point as will build a DVD that has the complete installation on it and this will be shipped to thousands of users worldwide.

Any ideas????

Regards
GlobalTech