From Air to Watercooling Guide

xper

Nice rig. The only suggestions are

A) Estimated price guide

:) Time Involved (1 year?)

1)purchasing

2) installing

3)testing (you said 24 hours) :rolleyes:

C) Links for products used like the thermal grease, tubing, and so on..

Also, does the system run on just plain jane water or is it distilled, bottled etc? And do you ever have to change the water? Will it ever get funky or mouldy?

Nice work. I am impressed.

wow what's is the chance of getting everything messed up :)

this probably take u some time :D

and when r u moving on to mass production, I want one :rolleyes:

Edited by XtremeMaC

wow what's is the chance of getting everything messed up :)

this probably take u some time :D

and when r u moving on to mass production, I want one :rolleyes:

rofl.....

I have submitted the add-ons for the guide (links, stores, prices). They will be updated very soon.

now, how hard is it to add a drive? :)

All those water cables everywhere.....sheesh :rolleyes:

I want to see a picture of the thing with the lights off in the room, but the machine running with the side panel off. Now that should look prety spiffy.

Alanoll - I'll take some more tomorrow night for yah.

rstryker - Very quiet once the mega delta fans are turned down.

gamehead200 - It's within the system. As in the leak test picture water is contained and circulated continuously in the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm......

Water and electric??? it really doesn't sound like a good idea to me... What if a seal goes? a pipe bursts? etc....etc....etc....

Too much to worry me ! :rolleyes:

And you said the hard drive cradle went at the front of the machine! so where are they now?

As for Dave XP, I think the only way to get all the air out of your system is to bleed it - this is one of the things that is very worrying....

The best way to bleed your system is to have a spare length of hose and put it in to a jar full of coolent... Then the uppermost part of the cooling system, u need to remove one of the pipes and connect the spare hose (make sure you get the flow right) then the hose you have unplugged into and empty jar...

Then run your system (go into the bios to save booting) and it will pump from the full jar, to the empty one - as long as your pipes are round the right way! - Then when your sure there is no air left in the system, stop the pump, and put your finger on the end of the pipe you removed earlier to stop any air getting in, and water getting out. unplug the spare hose, and connect the normal system hose.

Your system should now be fully air free... However, i think you will be unlikely to have 100% air free system as there are so many nooks and crannys in the systems.

Hope this helps DaveXP... and any one else with the same problem...

I dont know if there is a "bleed valve on the system, or if there is one available...

:)

• 2 months later...
If you dont want to run standard water or distilled water, have a look at this.

[url="http://www.inertx.com/"]InertX[/url]

It is a coolant that is non conductive, so if there was a leak inside your PC whilst it was turned on, there would not be a problem. It dries incredibly quickly, its UV stable, no gunge can form in it.

I use it and love it!

I have to say, I prefer external solutions to water cooling, easier to maintain.

I use the Koolance EXOS cooling system.

[img]http://www.pcs-norwich.co.uk/postpics/lidofflight.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.pcs-norwich.co.uk/postpics/lidoffdark.jpg[/img]