Hitachi Deskstar SATA Driver

dazkrlauwste

hello everyone,

Included with my new mainboard, a floppydisk with SATA drivers was provided for SATA HD's. Now in the Windows Xp setup screen, when I press F6 it asks me for a disk with SATA drivers. And only when I insert the SATA disk, Windows XP is able to recognise my HD. My question is, how do I integrate the SATA drivers in a XPCREATE CD, so when I install WinXP it won't have to ask me for SATA drivers.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Zip and mail me your drivers. I will try to add them to the list of drivers XPCREATE can integrate. Then you should be able to add them into an XPCREATE CD as the other SATA.RAID drivers - there is a page about this: http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/raid.htm. The link from RyanVM will tell you how to do this yourself. Or, as already stated, use RyanVM's SATA Pack.

Still ... I would like a copy of your drivers ...

That is what I was starting to think as well. What's the point in lewtting you do all the work, if I can't keep up on my end?

However, I think I see a RyanVM -> XPCREATE.CAB parser in the calling. I hate doing the same tasks twice.

On a side note, I did try adding as many SATA drivers as I could. Works fine virtually, but as soon as I try in my box with a 3112 DataLink card ... BSOD. Conflict somewhere, and it sure seems hardware dependent.

On a side note, I did try adding as many SATA drivers as I could. Works fine virtually, but as soon as I try in my box with a 3112 DataLink card ... BSOD. Conflict somewhere, and it sure seems hardware dependent.

I'll take a look into it. It's possible I need to add some PnPIDs.