Start Menu

Are there registry settings for "display as menu" for Control Panel, My Computer, etc.

Is it possible to make the xp start menu only 1 row? Instead of having common programs in the first row then all the other stuff in the second row, can I put it all in 1 row?

Right-click a blank spot on the taskbar and select properties. Then: Start menu tab \ customize button \ advanced tab.

That should provide you all the above options. Also, search Microsoft.com for XP power toys and download TweakUI.

MaxXpSoft, I tried that program, and it wouldn't even install. As for "Start_AutoCascade", I'm not sure if it did anything, but I noticed no difference.

Edit: I'm using Regshot instead, it's free and can be downloaded from HERE.

If you're using Regshot, you make a tweak and it comes out with registry code like this:

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-583907252-515967899-725345543-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\LastTheme]"Wallpaper"=""

Simply change it to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\LastTheme]"Wallpaper"=""

wouldn't even install? That's strange

I've used reghot and i'll stay with the other. More option's

The one I use exports both but I allways delete HKEY_USERS cause as soon as a key is added to the Current_user it writes to that other with your SID. Then when you log off it writes that to your ntuser.dat in your profile folder. You don't want to export with the SID because when you setup XP next time chances are very high your SID will be different.

BTW auto_cascade tells it to go to 2 coumns if enough things are added that it needs it, I have 3, if you want the 1 column you end up with those stupid arrows to expand which are a pain to scroll through.

EDIT if you want 1 then look here and reverse what we been trying to help this guy with. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=19325

Have fun

Edited by maxXPsoft

actually maxXPsoft I was reffering to the part of the start menu with the shutdown, my computer, etc. I was wondering if that could be made into one row? I really don't think it can, but I was wondering...