I am so fed up with....

premier69

Yes, that is a minor annoyance. That scroll button should only come into play when a program menu is very long and if you have scroll programs checked under start menu properties: Right click start menu and select properties. Customize | Advanced. Under start menu items, scroll down towards the bottom and you will see a check box for scroll programs.

:)

The only problem is that I myself have this unchecked and I still see the scroll button appear on menus regardless of its length. I guess it's a bug. I'm not aware of a fix for this. Perhaps someone else has a solution.

Mine don't do that perhaps cause I set auto cascade also.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_AutoCascade"=dword:00000001
"Start_ScrollPrograms"=dword:00000000

My Start_AutoCascade is set to 1 as well but I ocassionally see the scroll button. It shouldn't appear at all for a menu with only a couple of items. Personally, It doesn't bother me too much.

If your using the Classic Start Menu, Make sure you have Use Personalized Menus unchecked. Right Click the Start Menu, Customize, it's at the bottom under Advanced Start Menu Options.

If you prefer modifying the registry:

"IntelliMenus"=dword:00000000

If your using the Classic Start Menu, Make sure you have Use Personalized Menus unchecked. Right Click the Start Menu, Customize, it's at the bottom under  Advanced Start Menu Options.

If you prefer modifying the registry:

"IntelliMenus"=dword:00000000

yeah I'm using the classic version, don't much see the point in using the newer one.

Anyways thanks for the help I'll input the feedback tomorrow, I'm too tired right now.

ps. don't you all think it was a stupid idea for M$ to implement the XP style, i can imagine it confused a great deal of people that are used to the classic style, which is easier.

simply put xp has very much crap built in to it, but win2k is getting too old.