Save HOURS of time from making ur cd

Here's what I do: I just rip out the hotfixes and put it my unattended installation.

I wouldnt use AutoPatcher either, it doesn't come from MS and patches in there are probably old and doesnt contain the revised versions.

It doesn't come from MS? Oh then where else do we get hotfixes!

Besides if a 3rd party modified it, the digital signatures surely would be invalid :)

first of all, whoever said that u cant add custom programs, u just edit the custom progfiles db in the directory and u can add ur own programs, easy as pie

second of all, download the ultralite edition and its just hotfixes and critical updates

third, the patches arent old

fourth ALANOLL u have no idea, u can easily just edit out the things u dont want to be installed, u can see all of the program files being installed, if u dont want them u can delete them off the core.lst, and then delete the installation file, which saves space

fifth, somebody said u have to redownload the whole thing again? HA! there are updates that are like only 5 mb so u dont have to

sixth, to the guy on the top of this thread with the yellow smily avatar, u can edit which files u want to install! and u can remove things u dont want to install!

seventh, i posted this here for people who dont want to waste time setting up svcpack.inf and all them other methods

since i already have done that im gonna be usin xplode instead

but if i handt i see nO REASON why this shouldnt be used, yall are hatin on it cos its too 'easy' or cos its '<<spam>>' and 'we hate <<spam>>' , u forget there are alot of people who are lookin for something just like this

so ya

wtf, see what i mean!

why is N-E-O-W-I-N (remove dashes) replaced by <<spam>> in my post?

thats probably why u guys are hatin on the tool

any explanation for a newbie to this forum?

why is n-e-o-w-i-n replaced by <<spam>>?

and u guys should at least look at it before assuming all that

@shadowfla: Calm down dude. I've used Autopatcher before for my unattended CD and between the time of setting up Windows and this program installing the hotfixes, I was infdected by that Slammer worm (the one that exploits the hole automatically).

After Autopatcher was finished, I ended up having to reinstall because the removal tool didn't work properly. That's why I use the SVCPACK.INF method (or integrate them).

The reason most people here are "hatin on it" is because isn't what this website is about. This website trys to only use Microsoft's official methods or something along those lines (not using external programs unless neccesary).

You can use Autopatcher if you want, along with anyone else, but don't go "dissin" everyone here because they don't like it.

@shadowfla: Calm down dude. I've used Autopatcher before for my unattended CD and between the time of setting up Windows and this program installing the hotfixes, I was infdected by that Slammer worm (the one that exploits the hole automatically).
proved my point right there about security.
fourth ALANOLL u have no idea, u can easily just edit out the things u dont want to be installed, u can see all of the program files being installed, if u dont want them u can delete them off the core.lst, and then delete the installation file, which saves space

I never said you couldn't do that. I know what the program can do. And I know where it's from. But it's not directly from Microsoft, and they could have changed something in them. True there are digital signatures, but that only affects the actual files, not the INFs. You can do ALOT with the INFS.

why is N-E-O-W-I-N (remove dashes) replaced by <<spam>> in my post?

thats probably why u guys are hatin on the tool

any explanation for a newbie to this forum?

why is n-e-o-w-i-n replaced by <<spam>>?

It's not because its from neow1n. It's because we just don't like it. We prefer to learn, why else would we have an entire site devote to it?

As for the <<spam>> messages, it's because of a rivalry between the sites. MSFN only has ONE filter on, and it's for that site. Go over to neow1n's forums. They have HUNDREDS on. There was also awhile back, when it appeared as though someone at Neow1n took something off this site almost word for word, but didn't give credit.

So before you go off on a handle, dissing people because they don't like a tool. It's THEIR oppinions, and evidently, mine was valid.

Worst of all, Autopatcher is very old news. Like a lot of recent posts on this forum, a search would reveal that the supposed "news" was discussed here long ago. (Another example would be "Color in batch files" and on and on) That's why Allanoll (who does know what he's talking about and does use the search) has links to it in his sig)