ZoneAlarm (free edition)

I hope someone finds this information usefull.

It was my hope to do an unattended install of a fully configured ZoneAlarm firewall. Searching the forums helped get me past the registration screens etc., but did not help with the configuration.

After investigation I finally found that the configuration information is stored in "%windir%\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB". I thought I was home free when I found this, but it wasn't that simple. I can copy a previously created file into this if I stop ZoneAlarm from the system tray right click menu. To do it unattended has eluded me. It turns out this file is used by both zlclient.exe and vsmon.exe. Vsmon is running as a service. If I disable it to copy in the file I cannot get it going again. It refuses to start. I have to reinstall ZoneAlarm to get it going again.

I finally gave up and resorted to using AutoIt.

If anyone has come up with a more elegant solution I would like to know.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this info on a dutch website

this is what I'm going to try next

ECHO.

ECHO Installing ZoneAlarm Free 3.7.202

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ZoneAlarm\zasetup37_202.exe /s /noreboot

obviously one would have to change filenames for different versions

It was my hope to do an unattended install of a fully configured ZoneAlarm firewall.  Searching the forums helped get me past the registration screens etc., but did not help with the configuration.

MCT + ^_^ need glasses? he had already a switch to install it. but after booting windows finally he get a configuration window and have to clicking 10 times before he is ready.... so it explain fully configured ZoneAlarm firewall and Searching the forums helped get me past the registration screens etc., but did not help with the configuration where he is talking about....

so if someone know a solution..... i need this also and many more too....

right, here's how ive got it so far:

export the following keys from your newly set up working zonealarm

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs]

zllictbl.dat is placed in system32 using the $oem$ folder, install the main program using "ZoneAlarmPro.exe /s /noreboot" then import the reg files works sweet.

just gotta implement the program settings now!

:rolleyes:

:D:)

MCT + ^_^ need glasses?
actually my last post
also, u could have searched the forums, i bet someone has that in application switches already

was to ^_^ , maybe i should have specified more clearly :rolleyes: he said he was gonna try switches, and i said , if he would have just searched the forums he would have found them :)